I need someone who can write me an Installer Generator. I need to be able to generate both CD installers (for big projects) as well as self contained executables.
Installer should auto-generate uninstaller.
Should be able to detect the OS it is running on, and be compatible with Windows 95, 98, ME, NT, 2000, XP, and Vista.
Options should include:
- Registering DLL files
- File association
- Adding registry keys
- Generating an uninstaller
- Registering the uninstaller
- Confirm before replacing older versions of DLL files
- Warn against replacing newer versions of DLL files
- Customizable license agreement (Must scan to the bottom to accept, and must accept to continue)
- Optional License Key requirement to install, will talk about this later
- Customizable installer background
- Customizable installer splash screen
- Customizable installer logo
- Optional web browser detector, in case of browser plugin
- Optional system restart request (if needed)
- Optional continue setup after restart (Only if need be)
- Optional online registry checking. If a key is required to install, I want the option to check a database to make sure it is valid, and not stolen.
- Optional browser toolbar installer (Just in case)
File association should allow the use of free standing icons, or icon resources.
Please keep the compression as small and fast as possible. (Considering LZP compression, but will take suggestions). Decompresser must be built in if possible, to prevent the requirement of installed apps.
Self installer stub MUST be UPX compressed, to save space.
MUST CLEAN UP ALL TEMP FILES. I AM TIRED OF INSTALLERS THAT LEAVE TEMP FILES, WASTING SPACE!!!
Please be aware that I will expect you to answer some questions before I accept your bids. I have a strict level of quality that I require, and will need to make sure you can do what I need.
PLEASE INCLUDE THE PROGRAMMING LANGUAGE YOU INTEND TO USE, IN THE BID.
I will accept: C, C++, Delphi, and PureBasic.
IF THIS WORKS OUT, I MIGHT REQUEST A [url removed, login to view] VERSION IN THE FUTURE.
Please bare in mind that there are some clarifications required, that I will talk to the potential coders about, who pass the interview portion. I want this project done right the 1st time, so I don't have to repost in the future.
Bids with an Expert Guarantee have a higher chance of being accepted, though that does not guarantee anything :)