Looking for programmer who is skilled with the Debian O/S. This project is the first step of a multipart project. This project is the discovery phase and will entail code review of a custom version of Debain to see if it is suitable to run a custom application or can be modified.
Requirements- must be skilled in Debain O/S, its code and be able to write hardware drivers.
1. Indentify the version and customizations that have been done to this custom Debain O/S.
2. Indentify the limitations of the O/S with respect to the project.
No code writing is required in this phase only the analysis of existing code to see if it can be modified.
NDA will be required upon acceptance of project.
Modified on 6/29/08
- determine if home automation unit is based on a x86-compatible architecture.
If it is not x86 compatible, if practical find out what architecture it is running on and offer any advice you may have. Project will end and payment of half the agreeded price will be made.
- a description of the underlying OS
- the Debian version is was derived from (assuming it's Debian)
- If not derived from Debian then best effort to discover what it was derived from.
- the list of packages installed
- the customizations which have been made (if practical, all the modified files - otherwise the general areas which have been changed)
- any suggestions you may have about the code.