A transportation company wants to replace it's manual entry dispatch board with multi-user, network software. The 'board' will display (7) days as columns and up to (50) drivers as rows with up to (4) entries per driver. Each data cell will display one of three possible entries: Time Off, Load (City+State), Unload (City+State)
The attached PDF file demonstrates what the data entry screen might look like. The following list summarizes what the program will do.
1. Multi-User, Network software to replace your dispatch board on the wall.
2. There may be from 30 to 50 drivers.
3. The list of drivers will change regularly.
4. Each driver may be assigned a unique trailer number. The trailer number displayed will be the currently assigned number and is NOT date dependant.
5. In each data cell, you will identify:
1. Time Off
2. LD - Load the trailer at a City, State
3. MT - Unload the trailer at a City, State
6. Store the City, State in a database table to be used as a look-up table, many of the pickup and delivery points are repeated.
7. To populate the screen, the user will enter the calendar date for Monday of the desired week and all of the information for each driver will be displayed.
8. Allow for (4) load/unload events per day.
9. As soon as the user enters data, the data will be displayed on all user's pc screens.
10. Size the data entry screen for 19" Widescreen flat panel LCD monitors.