This program will "rip" DVD's to CD-ROM. The customer will insert the DVD into their player and the contents will be moved to multiple CDs (in the case of a full DVD).
There are three essential requirements:
1. Completion date is utterly inflexible. We WILL entertain bids that are larger than normal to compensate for rushing. Please consider very carefully that the bid price will not decide the auction. What will decide it is experience and reputation. Many coders tend to make very low bids to get work. We need your complete attention to this project and understand the need to pay. I hate to keep saying this- we would rather pay 25% more and get your complete attention than 25% less and miss an inflexible deadline.
2. The program MUST halt on encrypted DVD's in compliance with the USA DMCA. However, a mode to permit copying of encrypted DVDs (how we envision this is NOT by using the codes, but by capturing the audio and video from their card) can be included, but must only be activated by a pass-code. A perfect copy is not desired or required. In the event that the program is sold to a owner of DVD rights, the code may be provided. In the event that there is a change in the DCMA this may be enabled by informing users of the secret code.
3. The program's codec must be from a source that the developer has, and can pass on an unlimited free distribution license.
The purchaser is a US Intellectual Property lawyer and will review license agreements. Remember that not all "open source"
projects allow resale of derivative products for profit. The purchaser will assist to the greatest extent possible in reviewing the legal issues
The program must have an outstanding visual interface.
Due to the unusually strict time limit, the coder selected will provide:
a. The program together with necessary DLLs, OCX, etc.
b. Instructions for creating an installer
c. List of help contexts and very rough help (we'll do the final help)
d. In the event that the coder selected is in North America the purchaser (a programmer with many years experience) intends to stay nearby at a hotel and test as possible. Please note we will not live in your house or office! We are used to tight deadline projects and staying up all night testing.
Otherwise, the programmer will need to make interim deliveries to permit incremental testing. Utterly reliable brodaband!
2) All files and instructions sufficient for creating an InstallShield 5.0 installer.
3) Rough outline of help, we will polish and complete.
4) All deliverables will be considered "work made for hire" under U.S. Copyright law. Buyer will receive exclusive and complete copyrights to all work purchased.
(No GPL, GNU, 3rd party components, etc. unless all copyright ramifications are explained AND AGREED TO by the buyer on the site per the coder's Seller Legal Agreement; the purchaser will assist in legal review.)
5) Time is of the essence.
Win 98SE and ME desired, not required