I need a simple browser plugin (with a setup installer/uninstaller) for Internet Explorer 8+, FireFox 3.5+, and Chrome 3.0+ that does only 1 thing, ShellExecute highlighted text from the right-click context menu.
1. The plugin must add an entry to the right-click context menu whenever any text is highlighted on any html element (the body, forms, etc). The context menu should read: "Search BC for '[highlighted text]' ".
2. Selecting this custom entry ShellExecute()'s exactly "bc://+[highlighted text]"
For example, if the highlighted text was "testing 1234" then the plugin would ShellExecute() ? "bc://testing 1234"
3. It must NOT launch that inside of the browser because I do NOT want another tab or window opened in the browser. It must be ShellExecuted so that the system can properly handle the request.
1. ? "bc://" is a custom URL Protocol that has a registered handler on my system. See the attached .reg if you would like to quickly add this url handler to your system. It defaults to c:\[url removed, login to view] as the handler for the bc:// protocol. But the actual path of the .exe is different on my system, so again, thats why it must properly ShellExecute "bc://".
2. ? The plugin must look identical in all of the web browsers.
3. ? I need an installer/uninstaller for each of the plugins, OR one installer/uninstaller that has check boxes for selecting which browsers to install the plugin for (or remove).
Please make the context menu read: "Search BC for '[highlighted text]' "
Attached is a .reg file only to give you an example of the "bc://" url handler.?
It will NOT be incorporated into this project.