I am looking for an application that can be installed on a windows server to search files on a local LAN.
The data gathered will include but not limited to:
- File Types broken down by percent
- Last Accessed (Example % of data not accessed for 5yr, 1yr and 6months)
- Age of files scaned
- Top 10 (i.e. 10% duplicates, 12% MP3's, 42% over 1yr old etc..)
- Display Host Name, Maped Drive or Mount Point with Used and Free Space
- Using file age determine % change from current back? last 5 years
- % Space saved by removing duplicate data
Further details and sample output available upon request to better understand goal for data gathering.
**New Changes (12-12-09**
1)? ? ? Ability to Scan a Linux file system needs to be discussed, as far as what you can offer.
2) Output should be in xml or csv and be password protected.
3) Output data should be grouped by feature.? For example the data for files by type (i.e. MP3, XML, DOC etc..) will be in one log file to allow easy extraction into charts.? The file will use a generic name (i.e. File last access data = File7 etc..)
The application would allow the user to select source to scan in the form of:
[\\servername\share] or local maped drive.? Can require local athentication or cached credentials when accessing a mount point vs local mapped drive.
The output? should not need to be in a readable format, graph or chart presented.? The ouput should be in a unique format unreadbale without post processing of some sort.? Output can just be in a log? file or comma delimited format etc.. but requite a key to read? before import into Excel as an example.
The goal is to analyze the files in a folder to determine efficiency of organization.? The idea is to install the application on a Windows server and choose the host, and folder to scan then let it run for a predermined period of time.? Should be able to limit the amount of data to scan for example if a 4TB limit is imposed and a 4TB volume is selected to scan then the application should not allow any additional volumes to be added and stop at the end of that scan, regardless of the data within the volume.? The limit should be settable by? us not the customer, can be in a config file? with a unique code etc.. but not selectable by the user. The data would go into a log file to be retrieved by us for post processing off site to analyze data at a latter date.
The attached details include sample output we created as a sample only.? This is not output we want from the program, but output we woud create with the data from the application.? This is important to speed development and protect the end user from giving the application away or getting any benifit without a third part involved.