I am a font designer and need help creating a Windows program that will check the user's font folder for various things, check for problems and report various details and clean it by replacing [url removed, login to view] and [url removed, login to view] and resetting read-only and system attributes for font folder. We will need to install a different [url removed, login to view] file for each system (available from the installation CD of each system) I am not sure what is contained inside this dll file or if the information inside is of any use-- I only know that this file can become corrupt very easily on Windows 98 systems especially. I am a graphic designer so I will do all the design necessary. The appearance of the application is important.
Here is how the program would operate:
**1) The report screen (after running program):**
• Condition of font folder (checks for corrupt font folder): (pass icon), (fail icon) or (warning icon)
• Size of font folder: (pass icon), (fail icon) or (warning icon)
• Number of fonts: (pass icon), (fail icon) or (warning icon)
• Bad files (checks for non-font files): (pass icon), (fail icon) or (warning icon)
• Duplicate fonts: (pass icon) or (warning icon)
• Suspect fonts (fonts that are over the 200k limit): (pass icon), (fail icon) or (warning icon)
**2) The details screen:**
User clicks on any item that has warning or fail icon to see details and for option to fix. This detail screen may be very involved depending on the item. For example, the "number of fonts" details would list all fonts and allow the user to delete some-- which would delete the fonts and copy them into another folder for backup purposes.
**3) Return to report screen**
After fixing the user is taken back to the report screen where the fixed item now shows a "pass icon" and has option to fix other items. Somewhere we also need an "Advanced" button... this will contain options for experienced users. Such as the ability to remove hidden system fonts and to remove all fonts. Currently this can only be accomplished through safe mode commands.
Please expect to involve me in the appearance and design of the application.
1) Complete and fully-functional working program(s) in executable form as well as complete source code of all work done. 2) Installation package that will install the software (in ready-to-run condition) on the platform(s) specified in this bid request. 3) Complete ownership and distribution copyrights to all work purchased.
XP, ME, 2000, NT, 98
Attached is a PDF file we have written. Also see the folowing links:
[url removed, login to view];EN-US;q133725
[url removed, login to view];EN-US;q131943