To develop an education Browser-embedded tool-bar supported by multi browser and also a standalone gadget/widget application that can run on a USER Desktop. This would be a small screen application which will open on the side of the desktop and when minimized will reside on the desktop toolbar
The Widget will be able to render CampusTech advertisements within the content area of the widget.
When a user clicks on any text or graphic hyperlinked area in the widget, an internet browser should open.
The first page that loads in the browser is always a CampusTech branded page, containing the relevant content (e.g. application deadline dates for fall admissions to US universities) as well as area for CampusTech promotions and messaging (e.g. for students applying to universities, a section of the page could suggest that students may need laptops and some software as they join the program, and that they can buy such products from CampusTech)
If the subsequent pages are external URLs, they will be presented in separate pop-up browser sessions, while the main browser still displays the CampusTech landing page.
**_CLIENT APPLICATION: Toolbar_**
1. The tool bar will be an EXE. application which can be downloaded from Campustech website or can be distributed on a CD.
2. The Tool Bar would be a certified application with an embedded certificate.
3. The Tool bar will have short-cut icons and main link button
4. The short-cuts would be Hyper-links to some popular education site
5. The main menu links can be any activity link which either open some direct website pages or some online shopping links for certain products.
6. The main menu link and its sub-links will be configurable by the Administrator of the Server solution which will control the user tool bar navigation links
7. The tool bar will also have a blank section which will have images or icons of advertisers/sponsor
8. The tool bar will have a search option which will have an advanced search feature to segregate the search in to categories and make it more focused.
9. The search will have pre-filled keywords in the drop down databox which will appear on typing any alphabet in search text box.
10. The keywords will be managed and will be administered by the Server application controlling this tool-bar data.
11. The tool-bar can be regularly updated in terms of cached keywords, hyperlinks, short-cuts and sponsored links.
12. A banner area on the tool bar which will be regularly updated upon central server connection.
13. A tracker to track user visited websites
14. The tracker will be updating the central server application in terms of sites visited by the user.
15. The tool bar will be multi-browser compliant and should comply with following browsers:
1. IE 6.0 and 7.0
16. The standalone solution can be kept either similar or has to auto resized tool bar which can go on the status bar for Windows environment.
17. The tool bar has to be scalable to adopt more menu links for future.
18. The tool bar, on successful implementation on user machine will register itself will the Server Application. This will only be possible if the user is connected to internet and the User desktop or intranet firewall does not block remote connections from installed applications. If the user is not connected, the toolbar will retry every time the browser is restarted, and/or at regular intervals. If the toolbar needs to be check at regular intervals if the browser is not started, then a scheduler functionality is also needed in the toolbar as well as in standalone version
19. The tool bar will have a local XML file based database.
**_B] SERVER SIDE APPLICATION_**
The Server Side application will have following features:
1) Access Login for Administrator to login and check the Registered User details
2) Search capability to support a user’s search.
3) Can view reports of User keyword search and User visited websites, provided the User implements the toolbar in their browser.
4) Can manage the Links on the tool bar and can device the hyper links corresponding for those links
5) Can update icons and sponsored links on the toolbars
6) Can update the keywords on the search list data box of the tool bar.
7) Can view online viewers (if the user’s system allows the local tool bar application to connect through internet)
8) Can view, edit and update user profiles.
9) The Server solution will be standalone application residing on the server with a back end database.
10) The server application can have multiple connections calling from user tool bars for synchronization.
11) The server application will also need to manage the data relay in terms of modifications and updates of keywords and also would need to keep a track of how many tool bar applications are updated with the file transfer.
1) Testing the application on multi browser, Firefox, IE 6.0 and 7.0 and Safari.
2) Testing the application behavior with multiple Anti-Virus (like Trend Micro, Norton Internet Security/Anti Virus and McAfee) and Anti-Spyware software (like Windows Defender, AOL Lavasoft Ad-Aware, Spybot, and PCTools) (other tools like AOL Lavasoft ADware, SPYBOT and PCTOOLs would need to be provided by the client as mentioned in the requirements.
3) Testing the application behavior with Cisco firewalls.
4) Testing the integration of Files on the local system with the SERVER connected via internet through a firewall environment.
5) Testing the application on multiple OS i.e. Windows2003 or Win 2000 and Linux
1) Client Side Application and Server Side Application as per the specification mentioned above
2) System Documentation
3) Code Documentation will involve, Application programs, Component Programs and DB documentation
4) Training manual
5) Installation of the solution on one site (i.e. central server and one client tool bar implementation)
1) Complete and fully-functional working program(s) in executable form as well as complete source code of all work done.
2) Deliverables must be in ready-to-run condition, as follows (depending on the nature of the deliverables):
a) For web sites or other server-side deliverables intended to only ever exist in one place in the Buyer's environment--Deliverables must be installed by the Seller in ready-to-run condition in the Buyer's environment.
b) For all others including desktop software or software the buyer intends to distribute: A software installation package that will install the software in ready-to-run condition on the platform(s) specified in this bid request.
3) All deliverables will be considered "work made for hire" under U.S. Copyright law. Buyer will receive exclusive and complete copyrights to all work purchased. (No GPL, GNU, 3rd party components, etc. unless all copyright ramifications are explained AND AGREED TO by the buyer on the site per the coder's Seller Legal Agreement).
Windows XP, Vista, all 3.0+ versions of IE, Netscape, AOL, FireFox, Linux.