**GIS Data Transform project.**
A) The objective of this project is to write data transformation software which will extract political boundary data from the United States Census Bureau's TIGER/Line 108th CD Census data.
The input to the data transform program is the TIGER/Line data files available at [url removed, login to view] .
B) The output of the data transform program is a series of latitude longitude pairs contained in an xml file that describe specified political entity boundaries. Boundary files for the following entities are required:
1) The continental United States border as whole.
2) Each state's border individually. For the purposes of this software consider a 'state' to include all the entities listed on the above referenced html page, i.e. include the District of Columbia, Puerto Rico, and the U.S. Island Areas.
3) The boundaries of 108th Congressional Districts.
C) The following deliverables are required:
1) The transform software in source code and compiled forms.
Please read the attached file for the full project specification.
2) Deliverables must be in ready-to-run condition, as follows (depending on the nature of the deliverables):
a) For web sites or other server-side deliverables intended to only ever exist in one place in the Buyer's environment--Deliverables must be installed by the Seller in ready-to-run condition in the Buyer's environment.
b) For all others including desktop software or software the buyer intends to distribute: A software installation package that will install the software in ready-to-run condition on the platform(s) specified in this bid request.
3) All deliverables will be considered "work made for hire" under U.S. Copyright law. Buyer will receive exclusive and complete copyrights to all work purchased. (No GPL, GNU, 3rd party components, etc. unless all copyright ramifications are explained AND AGREED TO by the buyer on the site per the coder's Seller Legal Agreement).
* * *This broadcast message was sent to all bidders on Monday Jun 25, 2007 12:08:34 AM:
I am very sorry for the delay in answering quesitons about this bid. I have been unavailable due to outside commitments. I will get every question answers very soon. I've extended the deadline. thanks Jim
Windows XP service pack 2