I want to receive two sets of functions that perform **installation operations**. The first set will directly perform the installation operations using **Win32 API** code (no shell interfaces allowed unless absolutely necessary). The second set will instead generate **MSI tables and entries** necessary to perform the same operation via Windows Installer.
The functions fall in the general categories below:
* file+folder create/edit/copy/move/delete
* registry key create/modify/delete
* shortcut change/create/delete
All these actions should be able to work from any arbitrary folder into any arbitrary folder (for example, copying files can have the source files on any drive, and target files on any drive too).
The actions should also support all relevant action parameters (for example, copying files should support checking dates/versions before overwrites; setting shared file counters; etc).
Changes made to the system in Win32 API mode must all be logged. These changes should then be reversible using an **uninstall** function.
Changes that will be done via MSI should be recorded in **transform files**, which when applied to a valid, empty MSI installation database, will carry out the necessary actions, and pass the full suite of ICE validations.
Look at InstallShield DevStudio 9 for a complete list of functions that fall in the above categories (download free trial at <[url removed, login to view]>). A comparable/similar set of functions will be required, for the general categories mentioned above.
All work must be performed in Borland Delphi 7. Feel free to use third party components, but only with prior approval.
1) Complete and fully-functional working program(s) in executable form as well as complete source code of all work done.
2) Installation package that will install the software (in ready-to-run condition) on the platform(s) specified in this bid request.
3) Exclusive and complete copyrights to all work purchased. (No GPL, 3rd party components, etc. unless all copyright ramifications are explained AND AGREED TO by the buyer on the site).
All Win32 Platforms.