We use a IPN Paypal based php->mysql script that gets the ipn data from paypal and inserts this information into the database. We need our invoice manager rebuilt with some added features that will simply connect and update information as needed. I can provide the old program as a sample, it is coded in visual studios c+ and I will only send you the zip file if you really need it to determine a price. It is a very simple structure but the following additions make it a tad bit more complicated. Also we will probably need out php ipn script redone for the new features the program will use.
NOTES AND FEATURES
• Lookup order by name, phone, zip, invoice number etc.
• Search by processed, unprocessed, shipped etc.
• Send an email to customer using a template when order is processed, custom replace strings for first name, last name etc.
• When email is sent have it attach a pdf image of the email.
• If the order is shipped have the listing be green, if it hasnt been processed then have it red and if is has been processed and not shipped have it yellow. Or possibly have option to add the reason code to the color.
• Option to create different custom invoices with different logo's , name, phone and easily selectable while processing an invoice.
• Invoices need to have barcode printed of the invoice number.
• A way to edit an item on an invoice along with an easy way to change (or add) a new shipping address.
• Suggestion: The invoice or basic template can be a pdf or image file that can have the fields moved around or maybe even a html with the image as the background using CSS to position all the elements.
• Automatically generate a PDF invoice and email it to the customer at the time we process the order (noted in ORDERS).
• Options for limiting the emails that it send per hour.
• SMTP and email server settings.
• Batch window so we can see what emails are being set or need to be sent.
• suggestion: Might be better to just have it setup like the order processing so you can view sent and unsent emails a log of some sort.
• Email address ignore list by domain so if the email address is part of a certain domain it is skipped.
• Connects, updates and add's to a simple mysql database as the program structure.
• Note section that is visible to us when we pull the order or customer but does NOT show on the invoice.
• Option to add visible notes to the invoice.
• Pulls up tracking number and it clickable that opens web browser to view shipping and delivery details.
• Need a batch window with all the unprocessed orders so we can select them all and print them (noted in ORDERS).
• Menu where we can have favorite url's and shortcuts added with a name for opening a url and other programs.
• Would be nice to have a minimize to tray option so if the program is minimized it goes to the tray.
• Reads the clipboard for an email address and pulls up an order history report or pulls up a status window show at the bottom and the user will know if they are looking up an order with the email address
that they copied just to click the status window on bottom.
• 30 day period then the program expires, after it expires then it needs a registration key.
• Need a generator of some sort so I can supply any installed program with a serial number.
• Need a selectable user pull down on the startup login screen.
• logo on login start up screen point to png or jpeg so it can be changed.
• Pull down option to select multiple databases
• Checkbox to save login information.
• Button to add a connection and cridentials from the start login screen (will be feature under options menu as well)
• Maybe addon support!
• Would be nice to be able to install an addon in the future, for instance our order processing workstation could use an additional option menu window that could integrate and communicate with certain features on our website. For example our online orders for our website like looking to see what orders have not been exported to our invoice printing database.
• if there was an addon menu it would some how process the code, know to add the menu item name and and add the programing instructions, text fields and how to process the data. (just a thought for future features we might want to impliment)