HailCab is a way for a person on the street to use their smartphone to Hail or catch a Cab using the GPS chip in their cell phone. Please view at www.HailCab.com.
The technical requirement has 3 parts.
1. LBS/GPS/Mobile Application must be built and tested on 6 different mobile platforms: Blackberry, Android, Iphone2, Palm Linux (SDK comes out in December), Windows Mobile 6 and Symbian. I need to have a mobile app built that uses Location Based Services (maps and location data (geodata, long/lat, addresses, POI icons) and the GPS chip in the cell phone. The software client needs to be designed to be used by either the person on the street and the cab driver in the cab with their cell phone too. I already have a demo of the final cell phone product built on a Blackberry - I had a programmer build my vision out already in a demo of the full application. you can download it from you Blackberry mobile browser at: [url removed, login to view] and then launch 'HC Rider' and HC 'Driver'
The application must mirror this functionality found on these screenshots [url removed, login to view]
I have already created the user interface for this app. And will supply you with these graphics. This app. must be graphical and show dynamic map data. There is a technical requirements doc. attached to this bid which goes much more in depth.
2. [url removed, login to view] Website PHP 5 Signup Form and MySQL 5 small database created: I also need some very simple PHP5/MySQL 5 to be done on the existing [url removed, login to view] website. Connect the signup page - the ability to download your finished mobile application to a handset.....as well as a 'tell me when the service is available' sign up form to store their information.
Then you must create a web based version of HailCab so that the [url removed, login to view] website works just like mobile phone version does (people can see and catch cabs off of the web).
3. You must build an SMS component as well for HailCab. The ability for anyone with a cell phone to text an available cab and have the cab driver text back that they are coming. The system should update the drivers progress to arrival as well.
Please see the attached Requirements document to explain more technically what HailCab is and the concept of how it should be built and of course visually and functionality wise it should try to mirror those 3 demos on the [url removed, login to view] website.
* * *This broadcast message was sent to all bidders on Thursday Jun 26, 2008 2:34:11 PM:
Dear Coder, You have been invited into a private bid. Please check out the bid request ASAP as it closes on July 1st. You were one of a select few I felt had the programming skills to build what is required. Thank you. Andrew
* * *This broadcast message was sent to all bidders on Monday Jun 30, 2008 10:22:31 AM:
Only 24 hours left - last chance to submit a bid for the HailCab project. Even if you can't develop for Blackberry or one of the other platforms but can do J2ME with Google/Yahoo Maps API or something that will work across a lot of handsets - that is fine. I am a graphic designer and will help give a nice look to the functionality. I already started on cell phone screen graphics. Please bid within the next 24 hours as the bid is closing. Thanks! [url removed, login to view] Andrew