**We need a new logo for our contemporary art collection known as the "Witness Collection"**
*The Collection will be exhibited from late 2006 onwards in contemporary art museums around the world, so here's a chance to showcase your design skills to a high-profile audience.*
The successful logo will be used on art books, exhibition posters, art work labels, postcards and our new website, as well as more usual purposes such as headed notepaper and name cards.
The Witness Collection consists of contemporary fine art from 1925-2005 from Vietnam. It includes art from the French colonial period, the wartime, socialist era and the latest period of openness to new ideas.
The name "Witness Collection" comes from the fact that Vietnam's artists have played an important role in observing, interpreting and recording not only historical events but also the many social and politcal changes that have occurred in Vietnam. In a country where it hasn't always been easy to express your views directly, the artist's role as a silent witness has often been a vital one in interpreting and recording history.
Please submit one (or more) rough drafts with each bid or a description of your idea. The designer will be selected based on the originality and suitability of the received bids. Cost will be a factor, though not the over-riding one.
The winning bidder is likely to receive preferential consideration for follow-on work, such as our new website and publications/printed materials.
Our temporary website is: [[url removed, login to view]]
1. A professional, high-quality logo design that may include a symbol or image to enhance the meaning of the words "Witness Collection". The words may be in upper or lower case (or a combination). The design should be contemporary in appearance and suitable for all the uses that we've specified.
2. The logo must be suitable for use on printed materials (i.e. printed in black and white, greyscale or colour, against light or dark backgrounds) and on screen (e.g. for a website).
3. Logo delivered in the following file formats in colour and monochrome versions: .psd, .eps, .jpg, .tiff
4. Specification of which font(s) have been used and their source (e.g. Adobe, etc.) and specification of any colours used.
5. Copyright/full ownership of the design and work produced as a work-for-hire.