Another C# coder on rentacoder developed a program for me called the MAGHTTP Monitor. ?
In simple terms the purpose of the program is to check the Time To Last Byte, (TTLB), for a list of URLs and record any failures in a log file
and the Windows Application event log. ?
The program comes in two variations; a console version which displays real time output as each URL is tested and also as a Windows Service to
run silently in the background.
I need a couple of slight amendments made to the program as outlined below but the original coder isnt available.
Attached to this bid is a copy of the source code, installation program and also the documentation that will provide a comprehensive overview
of what the program as it currently stands does functionality wise.? Id strongly recommend its reviewed before considering the amendments
outlined below, they will make a lot more sense.
The changes I need to have made to the next version are as follows :
1. The current version has a flag in the configuration files that allows for the ability to switch on and off logging errors to the windows
event log.? i.e :
? ? ? <!-- if set to true, events will be written to the application event log -->
? ? ? <add key="WriteToEventLog" value="true" />
I would like a similar parameter to control if error logging to the text log file should be enabled. ?
2. During the uninstallation the error logs and the URL configuration files should also be removed.
3. I would like the errorlog file to not be able to be larger than xMB.? A value in the configuration file should control the vaule of x.? If
the errorlog hits that size it should overwrite old entries to make space for the new entires.
4. When an error is written to the windows event log it currently has a source but an event ID of 0.? I need the event ID to be a value.? I
believe Microsoft have a range that can be used for custom written event log notifications ?
5. I would like all references to be updated to v1.1