I need a program that allows me to launch a given number of threads by selecting a number from a drop down box. Each thread must do the following.
1. Present a window or set of fields on the main form that allow for a timer to be (re-)started (Button), viewed (Field) and stopped (button), The timer must read to at least one tenth of a second resolution.
2. Each thread must execute concurrently in a way that each time is operating independently and viewable as the numbers change.
This is intended to be the core of a multiple, logical timer display application. Each timer will be invoked independently. The code must be VB becasue I will finish the user interface because it is forever changing.
Threading is not straight forward in VB, so it would help if those interested would be experienced and could demonstrate that expertise via a short threaded .exe file. This is not necessary, but is probably no more that a 30 minute hack for an experienced "thread jockey". In an extreme case where there are no bidders, I will consider accepting the project in C++ where the threading ebvironment is much easier.
1) Complete and fully-functional working program(s) in executable form as well as complete source code of all work done.
2) Deliverables must be in ready-to-run condition, as follows (depending on the nature of the deliverables):
a) For web sites or other server-side deliverables intended to only ever exist in one place in the Buyer's environment--Deliverables must be installed by the Seller in ready-to-run condition in the Buyer's environment.
b) For all others including desktop software or software the buyer intends to distribute: A software installation package that will install the software in ready-to-run condition on the platform(s) specified in this bid request.
3) All deliverables will be considered "work made for hire" under U.S. Copyright law. Buyer will receive exclusive and complete copyrights to all work purchased. (No GPL, GNU, 3rd party components, etc. unless all copyright ramifications are explained AND AGREED TO by the buyer on the site per the coder's Seller Legal Agreement).
VB, VBA, WinXP, Win98