You need to build a windows application (.net 3.5) that installs a network printer according to a local config file definitions:
1. computer name.
2. printer driver name (as in the INF file)
3. printer driver INF file full path
4. printer IP address
5. Active directory group - the only AD group that will have permissions on this printer.
- The application will contain a form that displays these fields from the config file, and will run interactively from the server so that it could be part of the group policy on that server computers.
- the application will create 2 new printers (or report a specific error if cannot)
1. default printer- draft quality
2. 2nd printer- normal quality.
- The application will close on successful run, and In case of any errors- the application will report the error in the body of the form and wait for a fixed number of seconds before closing the application.
- You will need to create a setup version for this, and supply full source codes.
- Code needs to be written simple and clear to read.