Hello Delphi coders
We need a coder to open the Standard Flowgram Files (SFF) format. We will provide the format documentation, example sff files and a skeleton source code (bidders please ask for them). The format is really easy to open and fully documented by the producer.
The coder has to:
- implement TWO classes that read the SFF format
- read all the fields of the SFF format into record
- implement also a small program that will be used to test the classes.
- The program should read the SFF file from disk and save it back
The coder is free to propose a time frame and a price. During the completion of the project, we require progress reports, more often at the beginning, to make sure that the implementation is on the right way. We can offer guidance during the project.
The code (specifications):
- The skeleton source code provided is a guide line only. You don't have to follow it if you have ideas for BETTER ways to implement the code.
- The code should be documented.
- The code should follow the general rules of modern programming, for example it should be clean, nicely encapsulated, loose coupled, reusable, etc.
- The code should work in all Delphi versions from Delphi 7 to Delphi 2010.
- The program should be compilable witohut any other external libraries (like Jedi, etc). If you want to use 3rd party code, it should be incorporated in the current unit.
- You will use TMemoryStream (or something like it) to access the disk, instead of AssignFile/CloseFile.
- Bugs (of course) are not accepted. In eventuality we discover a bug after this project/contract ends, you are responsible to fix it.
This is a small part from a big project. If everything goes well, we can work together on other parts of the project.