I need some changes made to a small order manager program that allows a user to keep track of the progress of an order throughout the production process. It is written in C# 2008 and SQL Server Express 2008.
The program is basically finished, but I need someone to make some changes to the names of the processes, adjust how attachments open, enable it to work over our local network, and change some order fields in the database.
This is very time sensitive, I absolutely have to have this done and working in 10 days. I am VERY serious about this. This is an absolute deadline, and if you can not beat it, please do not bid, because I will cancel the job and give it to someone else if it isn't done. I've had too much bad luck with coders dragging out projects.
The program doesn't have to stay exactly in this form, if you think you can create the same thing using your own code I am open to listen.
I have a project someone else coded that is mostly finished but I need someone to make a few changes and insure it will function as it should. I am attaching the source code of the original project. Its development environment is: Visual C# 2008 Express or higher, SQL Server 2008 Express or higher, WiX 3. The changes I need are as follows:
* The progress steps (column names) need to match the list at the bottom of this bid
* The attachments and scans need to open in their associated program if possible. Jpg’s currently open in a proprietary viewer, and this works OK, but non image files should open in their own program (or at least have an option to save to local where they could be opened). Currently trying to open a non jpg crashes the program.
* The program needs to be able to operate over a local workgroup. I believe it is basically set up for this, with a config file on each machine being changed to point to the location of the database. However, I'd like verification that this is set up correctly, or if there is a better way.
* The order details fields may need minor changes. Plan for changing or adding a few names, though I may just leave it as it is.
* Output the order details to a PDF. This is not the most important part, and could be ommitted if it is a problem or adds significantly to the cost or time. Currently the user fills out a variety of fields for the order information. I would like to be able to transfer this data to a form (contract) I can save or print out. Alternatively, a fillable form could be created where the user filled out the contract directly if that is easier.
* The application needs to be reviewed and tested to insure that it operates properly, as well as basic support offered for installation on our local network.
The attached installation program places the application in an Order Manager folder under Program Files. It does not make a shortcut, so you have to navigate there. The config file has to be changed to show the name and location of the database instance (I believe the database installer does this, with a default name of SQLEXPRESS, but you may need to change it for your specific system)
Here is the requirements for the program (much of this is already done, but it is here for your reference):
We are a custom manufacturer and each of our orders follows the same steps through the production process. I need a database application that will show both the order details as well as the status in regards to which steps have been completed. This application will run on our local network and must be accessible from multiple computers (likely 3 or 4). (Internet accessibility is a future enhancement we would like, but don't need right now.)
The order details are entered through a form, and these details could then be outputted to a printed contract (I will supply the template, just a basic contract, after the bid is accepted), and can be viewed through the application.
The main window of the application would show basically a grid with the order name in rows, and the production steps in columns. As the steps are completed, a user will manually mark their completion and a checkmark will be shown for that step. The user will also have the option of recording a “question mark?? for any of the steps to show that there is further information needed before they can proceed.
The steps can be completed in any order, and they do not all have to be completed for an order to be finished, so there is no automation of these steps, it will all be recorded manually.
Once the order is completed, the user will manually mark it as finished, which will then automatically move it from the “Active Orders?? to “Completed Orders??. There should be a way to move an order that has been marked completed back to active, in case there is an error.
Here is the list of column headings:
Cutter File Requested
Cutter File Received
Clicking on each step for an order should open a window that allows the user to mark the step either “completed?? or “question mark??, as well as to remove any mark. This window should have buttons that allow the user to attach a file (could be any format), as well as to scan a document in. The files that are scanned or attached are only available within this window. If possible though, it would be nice to be able to see all attachments and scans in one place, for example, when viewing the order details, but we can discuss this. This window should also have space to write a note.
There should be a search function for both active and completed orders.