The task is to port Spice 3F5 to Windows (95 on)
The original source code is in C but readily compiles using Microsoft C++
The source code can be obtained from [[url removed, login to view]] file also includes data on fixes etc that need to be incorporated.
No major rewrites are necessary or wanted. The patches involve small amounts of code only.
The deliverable will be a DLL to which is passed a circuit file with extension .cir.
The DLL returns two files:
1. A log file that contains details of errors and
2. A results file if successful.
In addition, the coder will incorporate a simple security feature to prevent unauthorised use of the DLL
THe DLL will always be called from within VB6. The VB6 program will generate the circuit file and process the data produced. These functions are not required of the coder, but a knowledge of VB6 is assumed so that the coder can check his work. Typical circuit files and the coressponding results file will be provided for checking work in progress.
Ideally, all references to 'Nutmeg' which is the 3F5 data processor will be removed as this is not required. No graphics required.
Porting of the 3F5 source code has been done by many workers within a very short time scale. This port is required because it will include additional features which cannot be disclosed in this public document. These will comprise extra work to be done after the present work is completed. Extra payment for this additional work by agreement.
If you have experience of circuit analysis, can handle a project of about 1000 files in Microsoft C++ , can produce a simple VB6 interface, and can deliver in less than 21 days then please apply. Even without circuit analysis experience there may still be some point in applying since this can be provided.
There may be additional useful information on [url removed, login to view]
1) Complete and fully-functional working program(s) in executable form as well as complete source code of all work done.
2) Deliverables must be in ready-to-run condition, as follows (depending on the nature of the deliverables):
a) For web sites or other server-side deliverables intended to only ever exist in one place in the Buyer's environment--Deliverables must be installed by the Seller in ready-to-run condition in the Buyer's environment.
b) For all others including desktop software or software the buyer intends to distribute: A software installation package that will install the software in ready-to-run condition on the platform(s) specified in this bid request.
3) All deliverables will be considered "work made for hire" under U.S. Copyright law. Buyer will receive exclusive and complete copyrights to all work purchased. (No GPL, GNU, 3rd party components, etc. unless all copyright ramifications are explained AND AGREED TO by the buyer on the site per the coder's Seller Legal Agreement).
Windows 95 to date