I have an email account on AOL with hundreds of emails saved in 3 places: (1) The AOL email NEW, RECENTLY DELETED, SENT etc. (2) Saved on AOL. (3) Saved on my PC. I want to be able to search through any of these and display lines that contain a given string case-insensitive plus additional lines that I check off, and to save the emails to my PC for searching the same way.
Search My AOL Mailboxes
1. I have an email account on AOL. I have hundreds of emails saved in 3 places: (1) The AOL email NEW, RECENTLY DELETED, SENT etc. (2) Saved on AOL. (3) Saved on my PC.
2. I want to be able to search through any of these and display lines that contain a given string case-insensitive plus additional lines that I check off.
3. It displays all mailboxes, one on a line, with the path to it and a place to check. A button turns them all on or all off (if already all on). I check some of them.
1.  AOL Mail - New
2.  AOL Mail - Recently Deleted
3.  Saved on AOL - Business
4.  Saved on AOL - Friends
5.  Saved on my PC - Travel Plans
6.  Saved on my PC - Travel Plans - Expenses
4. After (3) I can enter in a directory on my PC and it saves all of the messages into that directory. The text is in one file per email with the origin in the file name where A,S,P = AOL Mail, Saved on AOL, Saved on my PC, for example:
The files embedded within the email are stored one per file here. The file name is the name of the email file (4 examples above) plus add an ID or sequence number for each embedded file stored with that email.
5. I enter in a search string. It displays the number of messages containing it. Or I click a button to include all of the emails searched.
6. I click on a list of fields to include in a display of the messages from (5) each listing the fields chosen. The fields are a-i below. a-f are all on one line if any are included. A drop down list lets me choose one of b-g and the list is sorted by that field value with the smallest value first. Or I can click a button and the entire email is displayed with any imbedded files displayed.
a. Sequence number of the email in this list. (It is always 1, 2, 3 . . .)
b. Source of the email.
c. Email address
g. First line
h. Lines that contain the search string with the search string in blue.
i. Lines that I checked in (7) below.
7. If I click a message it displays the whole message with a check box in front of each sentence. I can check them or a button that turns them all on or off. I close this screen and now the list in (6) includes all the lines that I checked. If I come back to it the lines checked are still checked so I can add or remove checks marks.
8. I can also enter in any directory that I saved messages to in (4) and it continues to (5) the same as if I had used (3) as the source of emails to search.
9. This can be a package run on my PC or as a web-site. Let me know if any of the above specs can't be done as a package or as a web-site. Use whatever programming languages or systems that works best.
10. I would like screen-shots first to verify how it works. And afterwards documentation that describes the flow through the system with reference to screen numbers and fields and the program subroutine and the programming language constructs used and special commands or functions needed to implement the spec.