I need a simple browser plugin (with a setup installer/uninstaller) for Internet Explorer 8+ and FireFox 3.5+ that does only 1 thing, ShellExecute highlighted text from the right-click context menu.
Edit: my understanding is that the API is not yet available for this to be possible in Google Chrome, so I have changed the requirements to only Internet Explorer and FireFox.
Also, I would like this done quickly. I should be fairly simple for the person who knows how to create browser plugins. If you can do it fast, name your price, and lets go!
1. The plugin must add an entry to the right-click context menu whenever any text is highlighted on any html element (the body, forms, etc). The context menu should read: "Search BC for '[highlighted text]' ".
2. Selecting this custom entry ShellExecute()'s exactly "bc://+[highlighted text]"
For example, if the highlighted text was "testing 1234" then the plugin would ShellExecute() ? "bc://testing 1234"
3. It must NOT launch that inside of the browser because I do NOT want another tab or window opened in the browser. It must be ShellExecuted so that the system can properly handle the request.
1. ? "bc://" is a custom URL Protocol that has a registered handler on my system. See the attached .reg if you would like to quickly add this url handler to your system. It defaults to c:\[url removed, login to view] as the handler for the bc:// protocol. But the actual path of the .exe is different on my system, so again, thats why it must properly ShellExecute "bc://".
2. ? The plugin must look identical in all of the web browsers.
3. ? I need an installer/uninstaller for each of the plugins, OR one installer/uninstaller that has check boxes for selecting which browsers to install the plugin for (or remove).
Please make the context menu read: "Search BC for '[highlighted text]' "
Attached is a .reg file only to give you an example of the "bc://" url handler.?
It will NOT be incorporated into this project.