What I need is a fairly simple app to perform multiple find-and-replaces much like a mail merge. Specifically, the program should include a simple GUI in which the user enters three things:
1) A body of text to be searched.
2) A piece of text to search for (search text).
3) A list of pieces of text to replace the search text with (replace texts).
When the user presses 'Run', the program should go through the body of text one time for each of the pieces of text in #3 (replace texts). On each pass through, every instance of the search text should be replaced with the current replace text, and the resulting body of text should be written to a text output file, follwed by two carriage returns.
So, take the following example:
Body of text:
John went to the store to buy some flowers for Jenny. Then John went to the gym, and then John went home.
Resulting output file:
Jim went to the store to buy some flowers for Jenny. Then Jim went to the gym, and then Jim went home.
Bob went to the store to buy some flowers for Jenny. Then Bob went to the gym, and then Bob went home.
Tom went to the store to buy some flowers for Jenny. Then Tom went to the gym, and then Tom went home.
Note that all special characters (e.g., whitespace, ", \ --, carriage returns, etc.) should be acceptable as part of the search and replace texts.
1) Complete and fully-functional working program(s) in executable form as well as complete source code of all work done.
2) Deliverables must be in ready-to-run condition, as follows (depending on the nature of the deliverables):
a) For web sites or other server-side deliverables intended to only ever exist in one place in the Buyer's environment--Deliverables must be installed by the Seller in ready-to-run condition in the Buyer's environment.
b) For all others including desktop software or software the buyer intends to distribute: A software installation package that will install the software in ready-to-run condition on the platform(s) specified in this bid request.
3) All deliverables will be considered "work made for hire" under U.S. Copyright law. Buyer will receive exclusive and complete copyrights to all work purchased. (No GPL, GNU, 3rd party components, etc. unless all copyright ramifications are explained AND AGREED TO by the buyer on the site per the coder's Seller Legal Agreement).