Create an anti-spam / antivirus Scanning engine for an existing email server.
I want to be able to take an email in its raw format and pass this through the scanning engine where:
1. It will be scanned for viruses by any of the popular virus checkers e.g. Norman, Norton, McAfee or Panda etc. and the result and the cleaned email will be passed back to the scanning engine where, based on the result, it can be sent through to quarantine or be deleted by the email server.
2. It will be analysed for spam using a variety of techniques:
a) The rule based techniques employed by Spamassasin type systems
i.e. (The following ideas are open to discussion)
a. Regular expressions, keywords etc.
b. Basic IP lookups against a local database and
RBL systems (see [url removed, login to view]).
c. Test for broken headers e.g. from = to etc.
d. Ability to add warnings to subject and/or
e. Per domain and per user configuration.
f. Heuristic spam detection.
g. Auto-Generate bounce message.
h. Test for poor routing, common to spam.
i. RHSBL-style tests ([url removed, login to view])
j. Features of Junkfilter
Http://[url removed, login to view]
b)The engine should be fed a database of known
spam emails which would form the basis of a
statistical analysis for any future mails.
Essentially a clone of 'bogofilter&'.
[url removed, login to view] or
[url removed, login to view]~esr/bogofilter/[url removed, login to view]
Finally the spam checked/cleaned email will be passed back to the scanning engine where it will be sent through to quarantine by the email server or passed as OK.
2) Must be written in Borland Delphi as this will
form part of a greater project.
3) Complete ownership and distribution copyrights to all work purchased.
32bit Windows All versions
## Deadline information
1. I am very flexible, so new ideas are very welcome.
2. We must agree on the specifications/features and timescale before coding begins.
3. Development - Need daily updates on progress along with partially working demos when possible.