SQL 2000 System Reccomendations
Este projeto foi concedido à claudiuvw para $42.5 USD.Obtenha orçamentos gratuitos para um projeto como este
Orçamento$30 - $50 USD
Total de Ofertas4
Descrição do Projeto
The scenario that I'm working with is that I'm building a reporting server running Crystal reports & SQL 2000 that will have approximately 300-400 users (I'm guess 10-20 concurrent queries max). It will be dealing with about 5-10 million records and each rec is 500-1000 bytes. The ideal situation is to be able to store a large portion of SQL data in memory. I am looking for some reccomendations on software (SQL 2000 Std. vs. Ent. & Win 2K Std. vs. Adv.) and hardware setup (GB of RAM, RAMDrive, etc). I am assuming that any possible solutions will require use of the /PAE switch and using AWE in SQL (cannot use in SQL 2000 std), so I'll need any specific info on these settings as well.
1) Since SQL server 2000 Standard only supports 2GB of RAM, is there any point to installing a 4GB Cenatek RAM drive (pretty damn fast) to put the OS paging file onto? Will SQL be able to retrieve data from the paging file on the RAM drive, or will it just clear out data once it reaches it's 2GB max? I thought this might be a good solution if SQL data can be stored in the paging file and since the paging file is usually on a hard drive.
2) If installing the RAM Drive won't help, do I need to purchase SQL 2000 Enterprise and/or Win 2K Advanced and get a board that will support 8gb of RAM?
3) If I have SQL enterprise and Win 2K Std, can I buy a board with 8GB mem and have SQL use 7GB and Win 2k use 1GB, or will SQL not even see it if Windows 2K Std doesn't see it?
Take your best shot here, I need a reccomendation for the preceding issue and questions. Whoever has the best case will receive funding.
1) Complete and fully-functional working program(s) in executable form as well as complete source code of all work done.
2) Installation package that will install the software (in ready-to-run condition) on the platform(s) specified in this bid request.
3) Exclusive and complete copyrights to all work purchased. (No GPL, 3rd party components, etc. unless all copyright ramifications are explained AND AGREED TO by the buyer on the site).
Windows 2000 Standard/Advanced and SQL 2000 Standard/Enterprise.
Afim de ganhar algum dinheiro?
- Defina seu orçamento e o prazo de entrega
- Sublinhe sua proposta
- Receba pelo seu trabalho
Contratar freelancers que também ofereça neste projeto
Procurando por trabalho?
Trabalhe em projetos como este e ganhe dinheiro desde casa!Cadastre-se Agora!
- The New York Times
- Wall Street Journal
- Times Online