What I need, in a nutshell, is the set of routines that will **drive the user interface** in a setup. In particular, I need:
1) **Dialog Box Designer**. Designer should work in RAD fashion, like most designers available today in C#/VB/Delphi/etc. Designer should have a property inspector which can edit properties and events. Finally, designer should support all relevant Windows controls to a setup (refer to Windows Installer supported UI controls for an acceptable list). The designer must be able to save and load dialogs, and display saved dialogs in runtime mode (where its no longer possible to edit the dialog, but just to use it).
2) **UI Effects Processor**. This will be responsible for things such as displaying gradient setup backgrounds, having full-screen/part screen setup backgrounds, displaying billboards with special effects on the setup background during installation, positioning the UI dialogs and the setup billboards properly, and also displaying billboards in a setup window, if the setup background is disabled.
3) **Setup Logic Processor.** A set of functions required for the management of controls that reside on the dialogs. For instance, if the user drops a tree view onto the dialog, the setup logic processor functions will be used to populate the treeview with a hierarchic view of the setup features (see Windows Installer for an example). These functions should automate the task of populating such controls properly. Another example for such a control would be a disk space required control. It would receive the size of the setup components, and visually calculate available and remaining disk space.
To sum it up, what I need is: (a) a dialog designer with a drag-drop interface, a property editor, and support for standard Windows controls used in setups; (b) functions that will interact with the dialogs, paint the setup background window with desired colors, populate the controls used in the dialogs when passed in setup information.
All work must be completed in **Borland Delphi 7**. Third party components may be used, but only with prior consultation and approval.
1) Complete and fully-functional working program(s) in executable form as well as complete source code of all work done.
2) Installation package that will install the software (in ready-to-run condition) on the platform(s) specified in this bid request.
3) Exclusive and complete copyrights to all work purchased. (No GPL, 3rd party components, etc. unless all copyright ramifications are explained AND AGREED TO by the buyer on the site).
All Win32 platforms.