We require a complete DNS system implementation. The system will require as a minimum the following:
1) Operational DNS server (BIND/etc.)
2) Database backend in MySQL or other
3) Web front end with tierd access rights (administrator, reseller, end-user)
4) Domain templates and validity / syntax checking
5) Customisable look and feel via templates (ours & resellers)
What will be achievable with program:
1) We can nominate primary and secondary DNS servers all of which will keep synchronised (once code is in place on each) from within the program interface. So can end-users for each domain.
Adding a domain name in the primary will update the selected slaves, likewise modifying or deleting domain will do same.
2) Database will have a backup facility to dump the database both at cron times and via the web browser on demand.
3) Users can be added by the admin / reseller* or can submit themselves for approval by admin / reseller*
(*if coming via reseller front-end)
4) Mail notifications of domain creations, modifications and deletions sent to relevant persons for that domain.
5) Writen in PHP (preferred) or combination of scripts.
6) To run as an priveleged user (no root compromise etc.)
7) To restart self if capable of crashing / being crashed.
8) To be supplied compatible with OpenSRS so domains on our DNS servers can be ordered and renewed via OpenSRS and will automatically install on our nameservers when client wishes (or allow for setting of client supplied DNS servers)
9) Will interface with our billing software (requires only the end payment be formatted in a certain way to be sent to a PERL script). More details available on request.
10) Software will be built with security in mind at all times.
11) Our prefered solution is for PLESK (<[url removed, login to view]>) to be used for both the web server and MySQL aspects of the program although this is not a required feature. We will also accept a Windows 2000 solution.
12) We intend to allow our current and future customers to manipulate their own domain names via this interface. We also wish to allow roaming customers to buy domain names through this interface. All billing matters will redirect to our billing software which is running in PERL.
1) Complete and fully-functional working program(s) in executable form as well as complete source code of all work done. 2) Installation package that will install the software (in ready-to-run condition) on the platform(s) specified in this bid request. 3) Complete ownership and distribution copyrights to all work purchased. 4) Comments throughout code to allow a thrid party to continue work at a later date if required.
FreeBSD / SuSE Linux / Windows 2000
PLESK - <[url removed, login to view]> web server
Intex x86 PIII CPU's