This is an easy bid for any talented graphic designer. I need you to redesign the top section of a website, and to give it a sleek, fresh and modern look.
_What you have to do is create a design for the top section of a website, with a background, navigation tabs, and an additional icon._ The logo is already designed, so you don't have to do it.
I have attached two files to demonstrate. File 1 has a dark blue background and the sections to design are highlighted (explained below), File 2 has a white background. Other color backgrounds are possible, but preferred colors are dark blue or white.
Design must look fair at 800x600 and perfect at 1024x768. No "boxed" design (i.e. no fixed sizes, the design must have unlimited width).
I have placed the rest of the bid info in the Deliverables section because I was over the 2000 chars limit.
This is basically what you must do. I am going to make it as precise as possible to make your job easier:
- **A background**. It can be a gradient (subtle), a very subtle abstract background effect or a simple background color. It is better not to use any images (like keyboards, computers, or such).
- **A graphic part** separating the top from the rest of the page - check out the attached files to understand - is required. As you can note, the part is thin, then a curve, and then becomes thicker: the basic idea must be kept. The demonstration line comes from [url removed, login to view] and is only here to demonstrate. You are free to do whatever you wish to do, as long as 1° there is something separating top from bottom and 2° it starts thin, then becomes thicker (you can choose where it becomes thicker).
- **Navigation tabs**; 8 at total. They should read: Home / Products / Download / Purchase / Support / Affiliates / Contact us / About us. You can choose entirely which aspect the tab can have, but they will better integrate if they have a "glass" feeling and look, a little like the logo; transparency can be used if necessary. Another aspect than tabs can be used, even though I would prefer to stick to tabs. Whatever you choose should have at least 2 states: one "not selected" (not active) and one "selected" which shows the web user that he is navigating on this section. Other states is up to you if you think it is required.
- **An icon & a text link** called "Customer Center" - see the attached files - on right top of the page. If you believe it could complement the design, other links or info could be placed here (such as left column); it's up to you to decide depending on the design you'll choose.
- With all that, keep in mind that your design should integrate with the logo; it is final, so you won't have to design it. The logo is flexible; I can send it to you in any color, for example blue instead of green (anything else than blue or green not recommended though), and can be placed on any background color -- preferred dark blue or white. The text's size and color can be changed, but unless really required, the font should stay the same.
- Redesign the left nav. bar keeping basically the same concept for better integration. You can do whatever you want (form, images, style...) as long as you keep the 3 boxes. You can change the background and add a separation line - up to you.
- Once the design is done, generating the required HTML so that it is readable in IE is a plus, but is optional.
**NOTE: if you decide to bid, PLEASE include a sketch (prototype) of what you will intend to do for this job, take a screenshot of it and attach it to your bid.** Due to the number of bids I receive, I absolutely cannot choose a particular coder if I don't have an idea of what he intends to do on this job. Thanks very much!
This job is rather easy if you are a talented designer. You can see by my ratings and non-auction ratio that I am a good buyer; I am requesting to view a sketch (even rough) because this is the only way for me choose the appropriate coder. I will select the coder based on the submitted sketch.
Let me know if you have any questions. Thanks and happy bidding!
1) Graphic files with original layers - if any - using Photoshop PSD format with future editing ability (text layers if any must be preserved).
2) HTML deliverables is not required but is a plus (as explained above).
3) Exclusive and complete copyrights to all work purchased. (No GPL, 3rd party components, etc. unless all copyright ramifications are explained AND AGREED TO by the buyer on the site).
- Photoshop 6 or better