I need to have a windows installer created for me. The specs are not yet totally solid but I can say for sure that it has to do the following:
1) Test the user's hardware and software for several conditions and have optional responses depending on the conditions. The conditions include at least the following:
what is the amount of RAM? (hard amount, not virtual)
what is the speed of the processor?
how much disk space is available?
what OS version is running?
user's permissions (for example, is this user an admin or not?)
is there a current Internet connection?
is there a recent installation of a Flash player?
I consider all those to be ones that should be pretty simple for an installer package to do. If they are not, you should tell me.
There is another condition that I am less certain about and it is firewall permissions. I don't know if that is easy or not. Probably the installer will have to attempt to connect to a particular web site and if the connecttion works OK, then there is no firewall issue.
2) work successfully on Win2000, WinXP, and WinVISTA
3) have the ability to run a separate executable depending on the conditions found in 1) above
4) ask the user where he/she wants to install the software and it has to have a default path.
5) ask the user whether he/she wants a desktop icon
6) Build and install an Uninstaller
7) register the software in the windows registry
There is a LOT of additional information in the attached file, so you MUST read it before bidding.
1) Complete and fully-functional working program(s) in executable form as well as complete source code of all work done.
2) Deliverables must be in ready-to-run condition, as follows (depending on the nature of the deliverables):
a) For web sites or other server-side deliverables intended to only ever exist in one place in the Buyer's environment--Deliverables must be installed by the Seller in ready-to-run condition in the Buyer's environment.
b) For all others including desktop software or software the buyer intends to distribute: A software installation package that will install the software in ready-to-run condition on the platform(s) specified in this bid request.
3) All deliverables will be considered "work made for hire" under U.S. Copyright law. Buyer will receive exclusive and complete copyrights to all work purchased. (No GPL, GNU, 3rd party components, etc. unless all copyright ramifications are explained AND AGREED TO by the buyer on the site per the coder's Seller Legal Agreement).
winXP, win2000, AND winVISTA (all three)