This is a very simple project. Create a plugin for Rainmeter, a system information tool, that will display wireless networking information. This includes whether a connection exists, the SSID, signal strength, bandwidth, WEP status, external IP address, etc.
1) Complete and fully-functional working compiled dynamic-link library as well as complete source code of all work done.
2) To be released as public domain.
* * *The plugin must relay the following information about the wireless internet connection:
**STATUS** : Is there a wireless link active
: Will return a 0 (no link) or 1 (link)
**CONNECTION** : Access Point or Adhoc?
: Will return 0 (adhoc) or 1 (access point)
**SSID** : The SSID of the connection (not MAC address, but the string)
: Will return a string
**BANDWIDTH** : Current bandwidth (11mbps/5.5/2/1)
: Will return a number
**STRENGTH** : The link quality in percent
: Will return a number between 0-100
**WEP** : Is any encryption being used?
: Will return a 0 (none) or 1 (encryption)
* * *The following would be good to have, but not necessary to the project. You may do one, both, or neither. If you do one, the external ip address is the most desired.
**IP ADDRESS** : Return the current IP address of th e wireless connection
**EXTERNAL IP ADDRESS** : Return the external IP address of the system (for example by calling an existing web page that shows the IP address)
* * *Information is further available
The source code to Rainmeter has been attached, along with the source of several existing plugins, and an example plugin.
A Rainmeter plugin is a DLL that exports these functions:
UINT Initialize(HMODULE instance, LPCTSTR iniFile,
LPCTSTR section, UINT id);
void Finalize(HMODULE instance, UINT id);
UINT Update(UINT id);
Must support Windows XP Home/Pro. Support for Windows 2000 would be great. Support for Windows 98/95 is not necessary, but would be a bonus.