We invite experienced web and e-commerce designers to bid on the redevelopment and ongoing maintenance of the site of on of our customers. Full project details are attached.
The site is not complex or large and it is expected to be relatively simple to deliver a cutting edge design.
Only proposals from those with verifiable track records and demonstrable live sites will be considered. Preference will also be given to those who have developed similar sites (apparel, crafts, books, etc.). This is not a project for beginners.
The goals of the redesign are to:
· significantly improve the user experience by making navigation simpler and more intuitive;
· optimized for search engines (SEO);
· enhance maintainability, especially with respect to adding, removing or changing product information;
· add features that are lacking and difficult to implement with the current design;
· take advantage of the latest technology.
There are a number of mandatory constraints identified that bidders need to take into consideration.
Implementation will be undertaken in stages and bidders are expected to provide a phased implementation with timeframes as part of their proposal. The database administration component, if required, (the section titled "Product Maintenance") can be bid on as a separate project.
1) Complete and fully-functional working program(s) in executable form as well as complete source code of all work done.
2) Deliverables must be in ready-to-run condition, as follows (depending on the nature of the deliverables):
a) For web sites or other server-side deliverables intended to only ever exist in one place in the Buyer's environment--Deliverables must be installed by the Seller in ready-to-run condition in the Buyer's environment.
b) For all others including desktop software or software the buyer intends to distribute: A software installation package that will install the software in ready-to-run condition on the platform(s) specified in this bid request.
3) All deliverables will be considered "work made for hire" under U.S. Copyright law. Buyer will receive exclusive and complete copyrights to all work purchased. (No GPL, GNU, 3rd party components, etc. unless all copyright ramifications are explained AND AGREED TO by the buyer on the site per the coder's Seller Legal Agreement).
* * *This broadcast message was sent to all bidders on Thursday May 17, 2007 6:10:51 PM:
We have received a number of proposals that make no reference to what specific tools and components will be used to redevelop the site (we provided several options in the RFP).
Please specify exactly what tools and components you plan to use for this project, including language(s), database, shopping cart, IDE, etc. This is as important to us as the price.
* * *This broadcast message was sent to all bidders on Thursday May 17, 2007 6:11:13 PM:
To all bidders:
A number of bidders have been telephoning and emailing The Philosopher's Wool Company directly to discuss the bid.
Philosopher's Wool has contracted a third party (myself) to handle the complete process as they have no technical expertise in this area, and they will not respond to any queries.
All communications is to be done through this system and myself. Anyone attempting to contact Philosopher's Wool directly will be disqualified from this bid.
If you have questions, use the facilities built into this system to ask them.
The following platforms are available to host this web site:
**Operating System** (Apache or IIS)
· Linux (RedHat 5, SuSE 10, CentOS-5 or Ubuntu Server 7.0.x)
· Solaris 10 on x86
· Windows Server 2003
· IBM DB2 Express-C version 9
· Oracle 10g Express Edition
· Microsoft SQL Server 2005 Express Edition
· MySQL 5.0