We are an existing web-based business interested in a complete rebuilding and enhancement of our web site.
Our business collects, stores, manipulates, and publishes a variety of data and statistics having to do with professional and college sports in the USA.
Because this is a large project, we intend to divide it into well defined phases that can be completed in steps. At this stage, our first priority is to network with Elance providers in order to see who posesses the proper skills and capabilities to carry out such a project.
We are seeking skilled, experienced, and serious back-end web programmers; front-end web design is not our priority. Because our business involves statistics and data manipulation, the ideal developer will be analytically inclined and comfortable dealing with relatively advanced mathematical functions.
This project, if done satisfactorily, represents the potential first step in a long-term, ongoing working relationship, as we will certainly need further extensions and enhancements done in the future. Interested providers should send links to recently completed projects of similar complexity, as well as list any experience related to data-intensive sites/applications, or sports-related projects.
Thank you for taking the time to read about our project.
Specific deliverables and phases to be discussed with coder and added to the project description according to agreement.
This project will involve specific deliverables in the following key areas:
- Writing scripts to collect data from various web sites on a daily/hourly basis
- Architecting a scalable and reliable database (MySQL) to store collected data
- Writing MySQL scripts and other functions to perform various calculations with and manipulations of collected data
- Presenting various information on web pages (PHP)
- Building a robust set of user account features (e.g. account registration, content personalization features, e-commerce functionality, user-generated content)
- Integrating advertisements and other dynamic content into the site
- Integrating a blogging/content publishing and distribution tool into the site
- Other features TBD
Experience in Java/Python/Linux may be beneficial.