I am writing this email to give you an idea of
what we would like on our website.
On my website I would be looking to have shop details, contacts,
services etc. But the main thing
are listed below:
1. What I am looking for is an online shop. However there would be no
back end data base of our own
but we will be using a flexible product feed (XML I think) from a
supplier and using this to creat our
own shop. Here attached below is what the suppliers website says about
What is it?
Flexible Product Feeds is the first system of it's kind, allowing you
to create product data-feeds to your exact requirements. Ideal for
creating a new product website or incorporating into your existing
system, Flexible Product Feeds even allows you to set your sell-out
prices meaning that you could even replace your existing product
database and populate your site entirely from the feed.
* Unique features: Select from any of the available fields
* Rename fields to suit your needs
* Select from a range of data delivery / data collection methods
* Schedule updates to suit your requirements
* Set your sell-out pricing based on a global mark-up, by product
category, sub-category, or by individual product
* Set your sell-out pricing inclusive or exclusive of VAT
An example of how this feed would work on a website is this:
[url removed, login to view]
This website uses the feed system.
2. Secondly I would like to have an CRM system that would allow us to
book repairs and manage our repairs business.
We would also want our customers to check the status of their own
repair also. ie. read any notes attached to it. And also let our B2B
customers check the progress on multiple repairs. I would be looking
to have something like
this [url removed, login to view] on my website. However I
am looking for more functionality.
3. Other sections of our website would include a section where we can
upload videos of things we make and do. We would
like an easy to CMS to help us do this. Basically a blog that can
include videos and texts.
4. We would also like to have an online section that would let us sell
custom build computer systems. something similiar
to this [url removed, login to view]
As I have said I would be looking for a professional website and would
be looking to create sales and repairs for my
Hope this helps, if you have any queries please email.
Thanks for all your replies so far. We are in discussion with a few firms but have not chosen anyone so far. The competition will be tough but we are looking for an extremely professional and articulate organisation. We have some questions for you and some pointers also.
Before I decide which bid to go for I have to ask:
1. Have you done anything similar? Please give examples.
2. Do you fully understand and grasp the scope of this project?
3. How many people work in your company and what is your company website?
4. Do you have the necessary experience to do this job?
5. Have you any references for job work in the UK?
Thanks for taking the time to read this. Do you have any questions for me?
What I am looking for is a high end professional looking bespoke design. Templates will not be accepted so please do not show me any template designs as I will deem your bid as unacceptable. I want to see orginal designs from now on. I also do apologise if I have asked the same questions more than once to you all.
Just asking everyone to message me again as we are starting the process from the start. Please also include your own company website address. This will be benchmarked to compare your skills with other bidders.
A few of the bidders seem to think that this is just an online shop. They are not understanding my requirements. Can you please message me what my requirements are to show that you understand them? There are alot of bidders but few of them have basic understandings of this project.