We're looking to update our existing five-page website to newer technology so it's easier to work with. We're looking for someone with CSS experience who can do the work and is available immediately. We are a seven year-old consulting company in Los Angeles.
1. Convert current 5 page website to CSS and remove all tables. The website should still be laid out the same as the existing site. You can see/download the current website at [url removed, login to view]
2. Change navigation so that it is text, but have it still look attractive. Currently the navigation is comprised of images of the words "Help, About Us, etc." . We need it to be text so that it is flexible and we can add new pages easily. The nav should resize so that as we add new menu choices, the width does not get screwed up.
3. In the middle of the page below the yellow line there is another image i.e. "Welcome" on the home page, "About Us" on the About Us Page. These are images and would like them to be text so that we can add new pages easily.
4. Below guy on left speaking on phone image, would like links and ability to add text in that side section (currently empty grey area).
5. Another image as text is the top left "Customer Relationship Management" (with the dots above and below it). This should be text as well. We need to be able to change the code of each page so that we have different text on each page if needed.
[url removed, login to view] text to the left of top right Gold Standard Winner logo with following text (centered as shown).
In the Top Five Gold Standar Partners WorldWide
7. Make that Gold Standard Winner logo bigger. (I will provide image)
8. On main page, under the picture of men walking, Add:
Questions? Please call 1-800-xxx-xxxx
9. Need a place for customer quotes. We're open to suggestion on where this might fit.
10. Clean, well documented CSS and .HTML files.
11. Site should fit within 950 pixels wide so that someone at 1024x768 can see the whole thing. Also, if someone views it at a wider resolution, it should still look ok. We're really just looking for a fixed width site, unless you can make everything float perfectly.
1) Complete and fully-functional working program(s) in executable form as well as complete source code of all work done.
2) Deliverables must be in ready-to-run condition, as follows (depending on the nature of the deliverables):
a) For web sites or other server-side deliverables intended to only ever exist in one place in the Buyer's environment--Deliverables must be installed by the Seller in ready-to-run condition in the Buyer's environment.
b) For all others including desktop software or software the buyer intends to distribute: A software installation package that will install the software in ready-to-run condition on the platform(s) specified in this bid request.
3) All deliverables will be considered "work made for hire" under U.S. Copyright law. Buyer will receive exclusive and complete copyrights to all work purchased. (No GPL, GNU, 3rd party components, etc. unless all copyright ramifications are explained AND AGREED TO by the buyer on the site per the coder's Seller Legal Agreement).
This is running on a Linux based webserver, but as you are not responsible for scripting anything, it really shouldn't matter.
Site should fit within 950 pixels wide so that someone at 1024x768 can see the whole thing. Also, if someone views it at a wider resolution, it should still look ok. We're really just looking for a fixed width site, unless you can make everything float perfectly. Must look correct with IE6, IE7, Firefox and Safari.