Create XSLT Document
Goal: Develop a XSLT document that can convert course descriptions from a database to a pdf format.
1. The file '[url removed, login to view]' contains course descriptions with these fields:
CourseDescription (with bulletted items)
A course may have multiple sections. You may have to define additional fields.
Take these courses and create an Access or Sql Server 2000 database
2. Convert the table to XML (with SQL Server, this is really simple)
3. Take the XML document created in the previous step and develop an XSLT document which will convert the course listings exactly as shown in the attached sample pdf file ([url removed, login to view]).
4. Document steps 2 and 3 so I can repeat the process.
This project is a test project to see if we can successfully build a pdf catalog of course descriptions from a databse. If this works well, the next step will be to create the whole catalog containing approximately 20 departments, each with approx. 25 courses.
Suggestion: Use the evaluation version of xmlpdf available from [[url removed, login to view]] or a similar tool. I can then purchase the product if it works well.
1) Complete and fully-functional working program(s) in executable form as well as complete source code of all work done.
2) Installation package that will install the software (in ready-to-run condition) on the platform(s) specified in this bid request.
3) Exclusive and complete copyrights to all work purchased. (No GPL, 3rd party components, etc. unless all copyright ramifications are explained AND AGREED TO by the buyer on the site).