Non profit website -- [url removed, login to view] has been designed to be an information clearinghouse for people with disabilities (in existence since 2004.)
Goal:? Create a disability website which allows tracking of disability services.
First? version created by myself using backflip.com.? Second version created with volunteer programmer using Ruby on Rails and database? with Html released May 2008.
I want to continue building on the current version, however, the next version will implement fixes and enhancements to further develop an open source website which will grant users permission to make changes to certain parts of the website.
1. Fix p
roblem with display view. Front page layout askew depending on browser and size of screen.
2. Create "Search" Function
3. Fix problem with too many extra steps down in getting to lined website, best fixed by deleting one set of clicking down routines
4. Move "Skip Navigation" to bottom of page but still keep it as the first line of text on webpage for screen readers.
5. Add subject categories to 2nd level down scheme. Currently if you click down on a subject category from the home page, a page with all the categories and all the links from the categories are listed without distinction as to what category the links are from. The subject categories need to be added to the list of links with proper indentation.
6. DCO Bookmarklet is added to some browsers, and not to other browsers. Need an understanding as to how to make this work on browsers.
7. Add function for validating links and fixing or deleting links using ADMIN feature.
8. Would like PDA primary categories bolded as they are on laptop or desktop PC
9. Would like to be able to add users to ADMIN feature to help make site more OPEN SOURCE.