1) fully working version of the site as described above
2) reasonable amends until approval
3) design should use CSS for style
A user will visit the website and click on one of three links. The click that the user makes will define them as user type 1, 2 or 3 if they complete a form on the page they get to. The information that they submit will be classified in the database as either record type 1, 2 or 3 accordingly.
The information which will be entered into the database will be; a category selected from a drop down box, a when field, a where field and a free text box. N.B the free text will need to be searchable.
1. Once a user type 1 has completed the form on page 1 this information is stored in the database and the user is presented with a 'thank you' page and shown an interim results page with matching record type 2 results as inputted by users type 2.
2. Type 1 users can click on an individual interim result in order to see the full record. They may then choose to click a link in order to post a comment back to that particular user type 2. The comment will be recorded in the database but will need to be moderated before publication.
3. Moderation will happen on a secure admin interface where suitably authorised users will review the comment and approve or deny its publication. Once approved it will be written as a thread below the record type 2 from where it originated with a date stamp (time posted not time approved).
4. Similarly, when a user type 2 completes the form on page 2 the information is stored in the database and the user is presented with a 'thank you' page and shown an interim results page with matching record type 1 results as inputted by users type 1.
5. User type 2 can do one of two things.
5.1 The user can click a link which will send an automated email to the relevant user type 1. When the user type 1 receives the email (which is an invitation to create a post / comment) they can click a hardcoded link in the email and login (if they were registered) and submit their post which will need to be moderated in the admin system as before.
5.2 The other option that users type 2 can follow is to click a link in order 'sign off' the record type 1. This doesn't mean that it will be removed but simply that the user type 2 clicks a link and creates a comment on that record. Again this will be moderated in the admin section.
6. If a user does not want to become a user type 1 or 2 then they can enter the site initially as a standard browser. If they want to comment on a post then they can although we are not sure whether these comments will need registration/ login or approval so please bear this in mind, although as both these processes will need to be built for the functionality as described above it shouldn't impact the project too much. Users should be able to search the database for all, latest, type 1 and type 2 records.
7. It would be nice to incorporate the record entry pages into an ajax type control so that the page doesn't have to reload in order to keep things nice and quick.
8. We'd like the admin section to be able to list all records by type by date range and category etc. We'd also like to be able to create top ten lists which are linked from the main homepage. We'd also like an xml feed from this list.
linux, php, mySql, optimised for windows, I.E 6, 7 and Firefox