This project request is for modifications and fixes to the Glean Comparison Search tool, http://www.gleancomparisonsearch.org. This tool is coded in PHP and relies upon a MySQL database.
Overall, it's reasonable simple. The edits we need performed are listed below.
This project request is for modifications and fixes to the Glean Comparison Search tool, http://www.gleancomparisonsearch.org. This tool is coded in PHP and relies upon a MySQL database. Overall, it's reasonable simple.
The edits are to make the interface cleaner, and are largely JS-related, with some PHP code and basic MySQL code thrown in.
The admin-side edits will require a little more PHP and MySQL interaction, but again, nothing complex.
1. Start by viewing the current site, located at [url removed, login to view] to understand current operations
2. Please VIEW THE LAYERED PSDS to understand the changes we need made. Within the PSDs, the layers ARE important - viewing the layers in turn will provide an understanding for how functionality operates.
SUMMARY OF EDITS
Public Search Interface Edits:
* Stage the entry of information. A keyword is entered. When a user enters text into the entry box and presses enter, the second set of boxes appear (term selectors). AFTER the user selects a first term, the correct results box (pro or con, left or right) appears below).
* Initially, when no TERMS are selected, the text reads: "Second: Select affirmative (green) and negative (red) comparison: --- as a PRO (affirmative; left side) and CON (negative; right side) term are selected, the text changes from GREEN or RED to black, to indicate that the selection is no longer needed.
* The term selectors should not be dynamic. Instead, they should draw from a set of static terms that the administrator creates.
* The term selectors should appear in three columns, six words per column. A maximum of 18 terms appear. Terms appear in decreasing usage frequency, starting at top left and descending vertically, through three columns. The bottom-right term is the least used term of the 18 that appear.
* Users can still enter their own term, but it is no longer committed to the database. This term is lost should the user refresh the page.
* Holding a mouse over a term in the Term Selector highlights the term in blue (see: [url removed, login to view] ). Selecting a term leaves the term highlighted in blue. Selecting a term (see above) activates the appropriate pro/con search result.
* Clear Board is moved. Clicking Clear Board has the same functionality as the Arrow in the current version (resets everything).
* 160000 Results (Results should be split from #; currently reads 160000Results)
* Close icon needs to be removed.
* New language strings added needed to be added into Language DB and editor in Admin screen.
Admin Side Edits:
* Administrative screen needs to be simplified (see screen).