We are looking for a developer who is fluent in the Microsoft MapPoint products to be our partner and develop the mapping interface to our existing field service and wireless solution, as follows:
- To build an interface with the Microsoft MapPoint Server products into our web-based field service application.
- To use the Microsoft MapPoint SDK and API to update resource locations on the MapPoint map.
The developer must have full understanding of the Microsoft MapPoint Server 2004 products and Microsoft MapPoint Location and Web service.
There are really two distinct product offerings on this project:
1) Microsoft MapPoint Server 2004: to acquire information from our SQL database and plot this information on the web-based Microsoft MapPoint server maps. This information will be refreshed when it is changed in our database.
2) Microsoft MapPoint Location Server and Web Service: To utilize the Microsoft MapPoint Location server and web service to automatically update the status of mobile workers by “pinging?? their mobile devices for location information and updating the map on location of the entire field crew. Developing location-based services with the Microsoft MapPoint Location Server, to develop powerful real-time, location-based service applications that target mobile devices such as Pocket PCs by using MapPoint Location Server and the Microsoft .NET Compact Framework.
We have a web-based field service application (ASP) that works with wirelessly-enabled devices, such as PDAs, handhelds and laptops. Our application runs the field service department for service-based businesses who have mobile field technicians conducting service in North America.
The office staff (dispatcher) logs into our web-based field service application and manages the service operation by dispatching work orders to technicians to their wireless handhelds. The dispatcher uses the web-based dispatch board as their information source for resources; the field technicians’ devices continually update the board with their current status availability (i.e. onsite at customer, enroute, etc.).
This project is to incorporate location based services utilizing the Microsoft MapPoint Server product functionality into our field service application. Specifically, the dispatcher will have a continual update of technicians’ availability on the Microsoft map provided by MapPoint. The dispatcher will then see the location of the technician on the map, intermingled with our workorder information coming from our application. Furthermore, the technician will have mapping instructions on the handheld.
**Master dispatch board mapping
Find Remote employee
Location based services
Automated resource locator
Develop and interface from Microsoft MapPoint to our web-based field service application using the Microsoft MapPoint SDK
Assistance with Project development plan
Development of API to our product
Preparing Custom Data
Preparing Custom Icons
Integrating mapping capabilities
Monitoring potential usage
**We are looking for specific developers who have previous experience with Microsoft MapPoint products that can assist us in design and development of a MapPoint Interface to our application.
Please indicate your experience with Microsoft MapPoint products along with your experience with the MapPoint SDK.
After our review, we will provide you with a non-disclosure document to sign and a more detailed RFP outlining the following:
Scope of the product
Please ask any questions if you require additional clarification on this project.
1) Complete and fully-functional working program(s) in executable form as well as complete source code of all work done.
2) Deliverables must be in ready-to-run condition, as follows (depending on the nature of the deliverables):
a) For web sites or other server-side deliverables intended to only ever exist in one place in the Buyer's environment--Deliverables must be installed by the Seller in ready-to-run condition in the Buyer's environment.
b) For all others including desktop software or software the buyer intends to distribute: A software installation package that will install the software in ready-to-run condition on the platform(s) specified in this bid request.
3) All deliverables will be considered "work made for hire" under U.S. Copyright law. Buyer will receive exclusive and complete copyrights to all work purchased. (No GPL, GNU, 3rd party components, etc. unless all copyright ramifications are explained AND AGREED TO by the buyer on the site per the coder's Seller Legal Agreement).
Microsoft SQL Server
**Developer Knowledge Requirements:**
Microsoft MapPoint Server 2004
Microsoft MapPoint Location Server Architecture
Microsoft MapPoint Location Web Service
Microsoft MapPoint SDK and API
Microsoft SQL Server
Microsoft.net 4.2, PocketPC 2003 & 2002
Microsoft Internet Information Services (IIS)
Secure Socket Layers (SSL)
Microsoft Visual [url removed, login to view] 2003
Wireless internet protocol and messaging by GPRS/GSM, 1XRTT/CDMA, etc.