We are looking for PHP programmers experienced with working on modifying and building extensions for opensource scripts.
Specifically, the job is on modifying the popular script behind wikipedia - mediawiki ([url removed, login to view]) and elgg, an opensource social networking program ([url removed, login to view]).
- Integrating Elgg and mediawiki logins, such that users must be logged into elgg in order to use the mediawiki installation's functions.
- Modifying Mediawiki to include certain details from another script into each topic's page, using either AJAX or a simple iframe
- Modifying Elgg so that user's profiles include details about their activity on mediawiki
- Customize elgg and mediawiki's user interface using a design that will be provided
- installing various pre-made plugins to both mediawiki and elgg
- Adding Audio, Video and Text review feature to mediawiki
- Adding a Feature that lets users "bookmark" mediawiki pages directly on their elgg profiles.
- Integrating adsense with the mediawiki and elgg installations
Apart from the Audio and Video review feature, All else are very minor modifications to what is already available and open source code
Our server runs MySql and PHP, both version 5+