This is a repost (simplified) of an earlier bid on which we had few satisfactory responses.
We need a developer to create a Feedzilla RSS widget that will be used in a
custom widget environment.
This will require two screens:
1. The scroller widget screen, which expands and collapses dynamically.
2. The settings screen, which allows the user to select which newsgroups and keywords they wish to receive news items on.
The final product must be compatible with the following browsers:
1. Internet Explorer 7 and 8
2. Firefox 3.5 +
3. Safari 4 for Windows and Mac.
We have tried to use their flash-based widget and we know it will not work in our environment, so we require the developer to build the widget in pure Ajax.
You will need to include in your bid 1-3 days to learn your way around our environment. The time you allocate depends on how quickly you learn. We will create a branch of our subversion repository for you to work on.
You WILL need the following skills:
1. A thorough understanding of DOM, browser compatibility, HTML and CSS
3. A thorough knowledge of the [url removed, login to view] framework.
4. Familiarity with Scriptaculous effects.
5. Knowledge of RSS.
6. Attention to detail, and a good RAC rating.
The developer must use prototype and scriptaculous, as we will be plugging this into a custom framework.
Good luck bidding.
Two widget screens are required:
1. The user preferences screen, which should be 495px wide x 420px high and contain the following controls:
1. A dropdown combo of high-level categories, loaded dynamically from Feedzilla's free RSS.
2. A pair of radio buttons that allow exclusive selection of two options
(a) Select a subcategory
(b) Enter keywords
3. A second combo box which is only enabled if the user chooses option a above. When enabled, it loads Feedzilla's subcategories, which are specific to each selected category. Again, loaded using ajax.
4. An ok button. which makes the widget appear, using the above settings.
2. The widget screen, which simply scrolls news items up the screen, cycling when it reaches the end. The widget screen should be 325px wide by 200px high.
1. It should contain the same information displayed by the feedzilla sample widget.
2. It must not use any flash or flex -- scriptaculous effects only.
3. When the mouse hovers over the widget, the scrolling should stop until the mouse is move outside the widget's border.
4. When the news article title is clicked, it should open the related article in a new window.
These two screens should be shown on a single page. Each screen should be a plain white rectangle using a sans serif font at 12px. The two screens should be centered on the page, and the page itself should have a gray background. The screens should be at least 50px apart.
All code should be well commented and easy to follow by a competent engineer. Variable and function names should be camelCase and there should be no typographical errors.
It will be necessary to analyze the news feed traffic using firebug or wire shark to be able to understand and parse the necessary information.
We will have much more work for the successful bidder.
* * *This broadcast message was sent to all bidders on Tuesday Mar 16, 2010 10:42:16 PM:
Have attached a graphics showing approximately what is needed.