PLEASE SEE ATTACHED FILE FOR UPDATE. IT EXPLAINS BETTER FOR WHAT I NEED
I'm having a flash business card generator built for my website. It's nearly done, but I need an oscommerce expert to help the developer place it in the oscommerce shopping cart.
Basically, there are many variables in the price when the customers designs his business card, and we need that price to be able to be carried to the shopping cart so the customer can check-out and the file they created.
Here is how my programmer suggested I explain it:
show them your website and tell them that you are adding a custom business card editor that will let your users customize any business card model, then tell them that you want to let the user purchase that item (the item will have a custom name, custom description and custom price) so you need a way to add that custom item to the shopping cart and make it work all the way to the payment.
So basically, you have a custom item that needs to get into the oscommerce shopping cart.
Deliverablity: They should create a file that could be added to your server and that will add a custom item to your oscommerce shopping cart when you'll hit the submit button from that custom file."
My website is [url removed, login to view]
1) Complete and fully-functional working program(s) in executable form as well as complete source code of all work done.
2) Deliverables must be in ready-to-run condition, as follows (depending on the nature of the deliverables):
a) For web sites or other server-side deliverables intended to only ever exist in one place in the Buyer's environment--Deliverables must be installed by the Seller in ready-to-run condition in the Buyer's environment.
b) For all others including desktop software or software the buyer intends to distribute: A software installation package that will install the software in ready-to-run condition on the platform(s) specified in this bid request.
3) All deliverables will be considered "work made for hire" under U.S. Copyright law. Buyer will receive exclusive and complete copyrights to all work purchased. (No GPL, GNU, 3rd party components, etc. unless all copyright ramifications are explained AND AGREED TO by the buyer on the site per the coder's Seller Legal Agreement).
* * *This broadcast message was sent to all bidders on Tuesday May 15, 2007 12:21:32 PM:
A new zipped HTML file was uploaded to better explain what I need.
* * *This broadcast message was sent to all bidders on Thursday May 17, 2007 11:29:03 AM:
Here is another tidbit so you understand what's needed:
Here's the answer: The price, name and description will come from the editor and can have any values (so it's no importance how the values will be calculated). The problem here is that we cannot have a normal item because the item name, description and price will vary from user to user.
A few words about the flash editor: It's a wysiwyg editor where the user creates his business card and then he hits the submit button. That's the moment when the values for the item name, item details and item price are calculated and have to be submited to the osCommerce page (so you see, the Flash editor has the same function as a normal php form - like the one I've attached in the previous message).