We have recently posted a blog and podcast which both contain a great deal of high quality content taken from a weekly radio show on residential real estate. You can review each at <[url removed, login to view]> and <[url removed, login to view]>.
We want to take this project to the next level by improving our visibility on iTunes (currently #7 under "real estate") and the Yahoo Podcast Directory (currently #2 under "real estate").
We need someone who really understands RSS and how it is used by iTunes and Yahoo - and other directories where people locate specialized content. We want to connect our content with as many interested consumers as possible. In particular, we want to become one of the top-rated podcasts on iTunes.
Currently we have some glitches which we have not been able to fix:
1. only 13 of our 47 episodes are listed in iTunes and Yahoo;
2. Our "album cover" art is not displaying in either place;
3. In Yahoo our content is tagged as "Explicit" and we can't make the tag go away;
4. We'd like to rename the podcast to make it more search engine friendly but are concerned that it will cause problems for current subscribers;
5. We need to become more expert at the entire process so as to maximize the value of our resource investment in this project.
In short, we want to make ours the #1 real estate "edu-tainment" resource on the web and need someone who is deeply rooted in RSS to help us do that. We have great audio and text content and are committed to using RSS to get out to people who will benefit from it. We looking for just the right RSS-master who can help us do that.
1. Do a complete analysis of our current feeds and determine what has been done well and what has been done poorly;
2. Provide a written report (summary is fine) of the problems found as well as the proposed solutions for both those problems and the issues listed in the Project Description here;
3. Fix the problems listed in the report;
4. Provide suggestions on how the feeds could be better posted going forward to maximize search engine optimization and ease of content consumption;
We currently publish both our blog and podcast via Typepad.
None of this stuff involves much coding, just a deep understanding of how RSS works and how to make it work to accomplish our objectives.