I am looking for a php/mysql solution that will allow me to compare odds amongst a number of online sportsbooks against current available exchange odds and display the best matches across different sports - current list stands at approx 30. Advise if you require the list and I will post on board
The Odds Data:
- Odds are provided by each individual sportsbook via XML feed(s).
- Each feed will provide the odds information in its own distinct format, so there will need to be some way to standardize for comparison.
- If it's possible, I'd like to be able to add additional sportsbooks/feeds down the road
Some of these sportsbooks have all their data in single feeds, wheras some have many feeds (one for each sport really adds up). All of the feeds being used are publically accessible (no logging in required to get at the data). Again - each different sportsbook may have it's own particular feed structure, and possibly different naming conventions that we'll need to be able to standardize enough to display different sportsbook's odds side by side for the same game.
For example; Sportsbook A may refer to a team as "West Bromwich Albion" in their feed whereas Sportsbook B uses "WBA."
Sportsbook A may display a game time as "10 PM", Sportsbook B as "10:00 PM EST", and Sportsbook C as "22:00".
What It Needs To Do:
- Periodically retrieve and store odds data (temporarily) from each of these sportsbook's XML feed in a local database.
- Standardize the feed input somehow so odds can be compared (while each XML feed will contain essentially the same data, it will not necessarily be named/tagged the same way in each individual feed.)
- Display a user interface so the user selects a sportsbook and then a sport. The results then show the best matches comparing the selected sportsbook and sport against the same outcomes on current available exchange odds (Betfair and Betdaq) Sorting form bets match [url removed, login to view]%+ down to matches better than 97%. If no matches greater than 97% message to state no matches found
- Odds to be viewable in decimal format
- Odds data should be purged from the database after it's a period so it doesn't get unreasonably large
If any further clarification of sample URL's for similar sites/scripts are needed, please let me know and I'll try to help on the message board. I'd rather not post them here for all.