We just started a language consultancy firm, specializing in Dutch language issues in ICT-related texts. We consult, correct, edit and write. The company's name is **Computaal**: 'Compu' from computer and 'taal' is the Dutch word for language. Computaal sells services, not products. My current temporary site can be seen at [[url removed, login to view]]
The company's tagline is *'Digitaal een goed verhaal, zo klinkt Computaal'.*
The simple logo as well as the tagline are included in the attached file (.pdf file in .zip format). This also contains my full contact details.
1. We have a simple design in mind (see .pdf file); work on that and give it some 'pezazz'
2. It should be simple but elegant and business-like
3. main colors: white, black, red
2. Same colors, look and feel as logo
3. 6 Pages: Home, Column, In de kekena, Over Computaal, Portfolio, Contact:
4. * Home: general homepage, which will introduce Computaal to the visitor. Should contain some language related links, maybe in a sidebar
5. * Column: will contain my blogposts. Will be one of only two pages that will look like a blogpage. Visitors will be allowed to comment
6. * In de Kekena (the word 'kekena' is a non existent nonsense word): Will contain examples of strange, funny and absurd uses of the Dutch language. Visitors will be allowed to comment. Needs space for 1 picture cartoon of my own at the top or side
7. * Over Computaal: A standard about page ('over' means 'about'). Who are we, what is our main expertise, what have people said about us sofar, press coverage, etc.
8. * Portfolio: Just that, a page with the assignments we have done sofar, including companies' logo and a link to their website
9. * Contact: Typical contact page, including Google map for directions. Page may contain buttons or icons to link to email, LinkedIn and Twitter
* Maybe 'Portfolio' and 'Contact' should be in a drop-down menu under 'Over Computaal'; we will leave that to your imagination
10. Design should be a Wordpress theme and use the Wordpress CMS
11. The theme should therefore be installable like any other Wordpress theme
12. But: no typical blog interface, except in the 'Column' and 'In de Kekena' pages, which will contain my blog posts and articles with reader comments
13. Modern look-and-feel
14. Not too graphical: keep in mind that Computaal is a language consultancy firm, not a graphical design company. We do like the use of different fonts, font sizes and font colors though
15. Should load fast
16. Should be simple but elegant
17. Not 'nerdy' in any way
18. A favicon should be part of the site design
19. The site should 'breath' language. Emphasis should be more on language, rather than computers
Website design and logo design will become Computaal's property, including any and all files it uses such as .ico, .php, .html, .txt, .css and any other file required; we are prepared to mention your name on the website with a link to your company's site
Must see some of the work you have done sofar, before accepting a bid.
Website should work in all 6.0+ versions of Internet Explorer and 2.0+ versions of Firefox.
Logo should be delivered in .psd, .ps, .bmp and .jpg format