Website for airport minibus and taxi transfer operators
This is a small project for a website consolidating airport transfer operators, holding details of maximum of 1000 transfer operators. Scalability no issue but the site and database should be able to take a load of up to 1000 transport operator entries with 30 - 50 database fields each.
The website will have 2 - 3 page templates max., professional, user friendly design with easy, intuitive navigation. Functionality should be very simple ideally use of open source existing components.
User must be able to register with the site, input transfer requirement: resort, airport, number of people, dates and times, post request for quotation which will be sent to all registered airport transfer operators, view quotes on a screen from all responding airport transfer operators, accept a quote
Airport transfer operator must be able to create an account with his capacity profile, receive requests for quotations by email on on a webpage, respond to requests for quotations by email on on a webpage.
The website only facilitates the request for quotation and response process. Deals will be concluded between user and transport operator outside the website. No payment- or bid fulfillment management
**_Please note_: Deadline is important, but suggestions for revised deadline in return for lower price bid would be acceptable - ideally both!!****
**Please highlight in your bid any previous similar project and any value add you can bring to the project. Period of free support after project completion would be seen advantageous.
**Important:** This scope is for a simple website with simple request for quotation capability. I want to get the technology live so it can be tested in the market. More functionality will be required in the future as separate projects.
**_The required solution_:
**Please read [**[url removed, login to view]**]**, how it works, transfer operator** and **about us section to understand the basic functions required.** A detailed spec will be available.
**user experience document available on request**
Below initial high level spec. Please ask questions, make suggestions as part of your bid.
Simple Website design, User registration, transfer operator registration, database for transfer operator profile, request for quotation process (basic posting of user requirement to all relevant airport transfer operators- no need to build but use open source posting / RFQ software), allowing transfer operators to make and users to receive bids for required transfer dates and destinations are major features (there are free open source components for bidding / posting process which could be used).
A easy to use home page and design template for the new website. Basic structure:
User will create a request for transfer including arrival, departure dates, destination, number of people and select a type of operator he want this bid request to got to.
Once request has been created, each transfer operator can see his view of bid requests and gets email sent for each request. Operators can respond online to bid request.
The website needs to be build with on page SEO and content key word optimisation in mind. Any suggestion for on page optimisation and SE improvements welcome
**_Identified requirements (to be agreed)_:**
* Website structure template driven for easily addition of new pages, content, pictures and links -
* Search Engine friendly website design & structure, no frames, no flash
* Professional looking skin and containers for the website
* Clean professional simple look & feel ??" We will provide you with some examples websites of styles we like
* Request for quotation , bidding/posting engine (ideally integrate open source component not built from scretch)
Initial home page + 20 main sub pages
* Key page: create request for quotation by user
* Key page: Page for operators to view requests / bids received
* Key page: Page for users to view responses to bids and select a bid
* Email notification throughout the process
User gets email for each transfer operator quote
Transfer operator gets email for each relevant request
* Website Structure with left hand and top and bottom navigation
* Plenty of space for right hand click through advertising
* navigation bars ??" template with minimum 25 navigation options on the left, 6 navigation option on the top and possibly unlimited navigation options on the bottom.
SQL database for transfer operator profile
* Mostly static pages
Dydmaic pages: view / respond to request for quotation, view quotations
Registration for users, letting them choose usernames/passwords
* Transfer operators to be able to add and change their own profile to database
* Ideally the website that is database driven using PHP, MYSQL, and SMARTY templates (other approach o.k.)
* Transfer operators will have the ability to upload their information, into the database with individual secure log in, although the database will be shared, access to each individual account must be secure and not viewable by other transfer operators.
* Transfer operators will have the ability to view all relevant transfer bid requests and receive notification emails for each request
Development needs to support dynamic image uploading
* bid request populated by drop down menus ??" administrator must be able to add and delete options on drop down menu
* bid request functionality ??" smart placed on home page for easy search
* Bids display in priority of bids received or price
* Drop down menu & calendar for easy date selection
* No booking system required, bids will be passed directly to transfer operator
* Proper links page for easy link integration
* Integrated notice board and bog
* The pages must look ok on 800x600 and upper resolutions
The html code must be clean, easy to modify
Use of common open source components where possible
* Design for multi language content, although this site will be for English user to start with
* Easy integration of click through for insurance and other affiliate providers
Ability to add further pages such as property sales section, featured properties etc.
* Consultancy of best practice, best website design, best back-end technology including advice on how to improve overall project.
* Minimum of three website designs for us to choose from.
Unlimited revisions / amendments until delivery
* Fully working website, content management system, search functionality with 10 transfer operators in database in our host provider environment
* All functionality fully tested by developer in developer and customer hosting environment on real live data for 10 transfer operators.
· Customer (us) to add, maintain, modify 5 test transfer operators to test system and request for quotation
* Customer (us) to add two additional new pages and links to test the website template
* Proof that all development work in customer environment
* Minimum of 3 months support after project completion and free amendments / fix of non performing features / functionality
**Please also highlight in your bid anything you could add to this project not asked for in the above specification i.e. any additional functionality, any unique design, any advanced database search techniques, advanced SEO, any unique experience on your side - anything which will make a difference to me and will help me accept your bid.**
Please also point out anything that requires clarification in the above specification!
**Please only serious bids and _no time wasters_ as I will put a lot of time in this project - probably as much if not much more than you will**
**_Please note_****: I will have a minimum of two more web development projects this year. Anybody with a competitive bid and quality timely delivery on this project will be in pole position for the next one.**
1) Complete and fully-functional working program(s) in executable form as well as complete source code of all work done.
2) Deliverables must be in ready-to-run condition, as follows (depending on the nature of the deliverables):
a) For web sites or other server-side deliverables intended to only ever exist in one place in the Buyer's environment--Deliverables must be installed by the Seller in ready-to-run condition in the Buyer's environment.
b) For all others including desktop software or software the buyer intends to distribute: A software installation package that will install the software in ready-to-run condition on the platform(s) specified in this bid request.
3) All deliverables will be considered "work made for hire" under U.S. Copyright law. Buyer will receive exclusive and complete copyrights to all work purchased. (No GPL, GNU, 3rd party components, etc. unless all copyright ramifications are explained AND AGREED TO by the buyer on the site per the coder's Seller Legal Agreement).
The project needs to be uploadable to a public hosting space. **We will not be able to run a dedicated server!**
Ideally PHP, MYSQL, and template based approach (SMARTY or other templates) for easy self extension and maintenance of site. **Any other suggestions welcome** but we don’t want to have to get in touch with a developer each time we want to add a new page, a new picture, a new link or a new database field or entry. The site needs to be maintainable by a web literate person, not a developer.
Use of common, up to date, free, standard open source components where ever possible Technology / architecture needs to in line with current best of breed for this kind of project, easily maintainable and easily resourceable should there be future issues.
**No niche program languages, no free style coding, no bespoke inhouse technology, no non-transparent programming and no _black magic_ please!**