I need to build a small application to plan trades using IG Markets API. Read the attached DOC for full specifications before you bid please.
You can learn more about IG API in the following link:
[url removed, login to view]
There are two API types, REST and STREAMING, I am not sure which one I would need to integrate or if I have to use both.
This is what I need to do, let me describe it in more detail.
IG Markets is an international broker that allows planning trades, to buy and sell CFDs and Forex in any market. They have an online platform that allows me to do all that but I will have several accounts with different amounts of money and account numbers.
The API will allow me to plan the trade outside of the platform by logging in with my user credentials and API KEY and plan trades from a PHP application protected with user/password.
This application needs to be coded in PHP OOP so that its functions are integrated in another application that is being coded in Laravel framework, its functions need to be explained in the code so my programmer can integrate it easily.
What I want to do is this:
- Copy the same trade/order to one or multiple accounts
- Create the functions to connect to REST/STREAMING API from IG Markets
- Add any number of different accounts and API and API keys
- Plan trade from the online tool by setting entry, stop loss, take profit, contract lot size and percentage risk (1%) of the total amount of money in every account. That is, if account 1 has 10.000 dollars and I want to buy CFD XXX at 120 protecting Stop loss at 100, the lot size should be 1% of 10.000 dollars. That should yield a lot/contract size equivalent at risking 1% of the total amount (balance of account)
- Each account added in the system should have a risk setting, by default 1% on all of them. I can set 0.5% on account X, 1% on account Y, 1.5% on account Z, etc.
We should test the application with demo accounts to see if it works and executes all the trades at once on all accounts added.
Remember these functions need to be created so they can be incorporated in a Laravel PHP framework that I am building.