My name is Michael Travis, I am attempting to convert an open source tracker application (Traccar client for android [login to view URL]) and adapt it to Gpsgate protocol ([login to view URL]). I have ran into a snag, and do not have the expertise to finish the product in a timely manner. I have already adapted code to get a packet that follows the Gpsgate Tracker One protocol but it does not send reliably and is very bug prone.
-The Traccar Client source code, from the github site ([login to view URL]) modified to report over http into the Gpsgate Tracker One format ([login to view URL] page 18, what each field is is coverd on page 13 and 14).
In addition to the change in protocol format over http, I would like the source code to be documented in a way that gives me the following.
-The ability to add multiple fields into the Tracker One position report (i.e. ignition, analog input 1, digital input 1 etc.)
-The ability to be easily maintainable by a novice (well documented changes from original source code)
-The ability to pull information from a USB serial host device like an Arduino using the mik3y library or similar ([login to view URL]), and add that information as a field.
I have posted the changes I have made to the original Traccar app as a starting point, but feel free to discard if necessary.
- Latitude and Longitude changed from DDMMss to [login to view URL] In Position
- Time changed from Unix to UTC in Position
- Hemispheres added in Position and in DatabaseHelper
- Changes where added to the SQL Database in DatabaseHelper
-ProtocolFormatter was changed to report out in TrackerOne Protocol, and a dummy Valid was inserted.
In addition I already have a Gpsgate server set up to test the app, and will give your phone access in order to test the app. The timeline is negotiable, but must be timely.