General Project Description
This project is about a membership voting website. To become members, people are required to fill out personal information (email, gender, age, city/county, income level, etc). Members will receive periodic emails linking them back to the website to participate in polls, each of which may contain one or two questions.
We are looking for developers to program the functions required by the site and to set up the basic structure of the site to hold these functions. This project does not include Web Interface Design / Graphic Design.
1. After logging in, a member can browse the site to view all the polls. For polls that a member has partaken, the system would display the member’s earlier choices and the overall poll results. For polls that a member has not participated in, the system would display just the questions.
2. A member can at anytime return to a poll he or she has partaken to view and to change his or her previous choice. The overall poll result should then be updated. This means the database will have to record a member’s every choice in every poll.
3. Each poll has its own page, with its own Discussion Board section and Related News section.
3. The primary question type would be “select one from the choices”. However, there are two other types of questions: “select all choices that apply” and “rank the choices by preference.”
4. For each question there are basic poll results and advanced poll results. Basic poll results are simple bar graphs showing % of each choice. Advanced poll results include poll results broken down by personal attributes entered at registration (How did men vote, How did women vote, How did people making less than $20000/yr vote? How did people making $20000/yr~$30000/yr vote? etc) and also a map view -- an interactive map that users can mouse-over a city/county to view poll results (show bar graph) of that city/county.
5. The poll that is the most-recently published will go under the tab “Hot Q.” When another question is being published, it will become the new “Hot Q” and the previous “Hot Q” will move to be under one of the Question List pages (such as “Politics” if it’s a political poll).
6. Admin needs to be able manage a poll list and be able to create new, edit, and delete polls. Admin also needs to be able to set publishing date (the date the poll goes out to members) for polls in the question list.
7. Member needs to be able to enter search keyword and get questions containing the keyword in return.
General website requirements
• The website has to be able to display Chinese and English. The deliverable, however, can be in English only. The database also has to be able to store Chinese and English data
• Any static text should be able to easily changed during setup (separate php files)
• On the wireframe (sketch) we provide, each page will contain a number of “sections”, units that each serves a singular purpose. Content within a section needs to be clearly defined with <div> tags within the php/html. Also, all contents within each section has to be relatively positioned to the parent <div>. This is because the fine-tuning of the look and feel of the site will be carried out separately at a later time, and we may need to move things around.
• The website should be able to set different levels of permission, such as admin, user, moderator, etc.
• Each poll should be able to contain maximum of 2 questions. Each question should be able to have up to 10 choices.
• The website should be able to perform under high traffic/volume situation. We are expecting average of 1 million votes per poll every week.
• Admin needs to be able to set an “expiration time” after which members can still view results but can no longer go back to change their vote. This expiration time will apply to all questions.
• We need to keep old poll questions and results.
8 freelancers are bidding on average $3359 for this job
HI... We offer you best of IT services merged with latest technology in the lowest possible price range. Our Professionals are keen to work on this project. Please check your PMB for more details.
it is simple can be done even with the site graphics,the price is good...you can start paying once you see a running demo..looking forward to work with you..