I am looking for a developer who can take an application, written in PHP code, and make it into a re-usable product, which I will offer for free under the GNU licence.
Here is the backgrouns: We have created a website that displays audio and video. At the backend, we used an open-source app called Podcastgen to upload the audio and video files.
Since Podcastgen did not offer all the features we needed, I had a developer enhance it by adding new functionality, including:
- FTP upload
- MySql database (instead of Podcastgen's flat file solution)
- Ability to create categories and subcategories
- Ability to generate xml feed for any of the categories or subcategories
I want to take this code and make a new product - a "child" of podcastgen. I have already created a new name and logo etc.
I need a developer (YOU!) to take the code and make it re-usable on any LAMP hosting space. You will need to
- make changes to the PHP code and clean up the code where necessary
- create an installation method, and installation instructions
- add lots of comments to the code that make it easier to understand (replacing old comments where necessary)
- create the licence files that give credit to you, me and the original developers :)
The final deliverable will be a zip file that contains all of the above, with instructions on how to install.
I will test the deliverable by installing to a new server and trying to create a new site with the new zip file.
Payment will be by escrow on satisfactory completion of the project.