Ocean Ridge Biosciences seeks web development, web and e-mail server support services on a long term basis. We are ideally seeking a company that can handle all aspects of a web presence including graphic design, website production, mobile-device compatibility, server management, and access of server-side applications through web APIs.
In this initial phase of work, we seek to re-design and port our current website ([login to view URL]) to an established content management system such as WordPress, Joomla, or Drupal that will run on a standard LAMP server. We seek to maintain control and ownership of the server to allow for future flexibility, and thus are seeking a provider willing to provide support services without actually hosting our site. Our current site was developed on CodeIgnitor, and all current pages (approx. 30) and all content will need to be ported over the new site. This includes our custom panel selection tool ([login to view URL]) which is currently built on AJAX.
Additional detailed project requirements are described below. After reviewing our specifications, please reply with links to websites you have developed, references, and also any questions you might have. Following your initial response, can provide links to reference web sites with the look-and-feel we seek.
1. A testing view of the web site on a local server housed within our corporate intranet, or just a password-protected version hosted alongside our public site. The ability to make edits to the site without immediately sharing them publically and to post a new page or an edited page to the test site and then seamlessly update the live site with the edited page once it is reviewed.
2. Improved functionality. News and blog modules structured such that a non-technical person can add and edit news and blog posts with ease (both text and graphics). The ability to update the text and graphics on the standard pages with minimal difficulty is also essential.
3. For all of the interactive aspects of the site, the ability to register multiple administrators/ blog authors and users, the ability to verify users by CAPTCHA and e-mail verification, and the ability to block users and delete their posts. Also integrated security features to prevent use of the site for spamming others.
4. A well-organized set of CSS styles so we can easily specify the class for any new text we want to add onto a page.
5. An additional new feature is ordering and client tracking. Currently clients can post initial inquiries; the new site will allow administrators to respond, link to documents, e.g. quotes, brochures etc., set inquiry status, and hold a continuous dialogue through the website. The entire process will be housed in a query able database so administrators can submit a query and view a list of pending queries and their status, history of shared communications and documents. Any action by the client or new inquiries would result an e-mail notification to the specified administrator(s).
6. Currently, we have a simple password-protected system for sharing client files ([login to view URL]); we would like to expand this system to handle files up to a size of 5GB and to provide support for directory organization, and file encryption.
7. CMS and site architecture compatible with a future ability for clients to analyze datasets on our site. Including the ability for clients to upload datasets, manipulate, and analyze data using python, perl, and java applications accessed through a web API. We would prefer to select a web development company or individual with competency in web APIs (e.g. RESTful APIs).
8. In addition to continued support on the website, we are want a company who can provide support for our e-mail server housed on the same server along site the website.